Ask For Advice
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Unconventional ways to make money utilizing my cooking skills

Ms Darcy
    I think cooking can be a great side business to help you bring in extra money. Here are a few ideas:

1. Set up a YouTube channel where you cook specific dishes. You'd need a decent camera, a good number of videos, and an advertising strategy to get views.

2. Offer to teach some reasonably priced cooking classes (maybe out of your home). If it's not too expensive, and you live in a biggish city, people will be interested. You just need a good cooking/demonstration space.

3. Consider becoming a caterer. You might set up a nice side business by cooking and catering for events (weddings are a good example). If you can do it for friends as a start, that would be great.

journeynow
    If your apartment is too small for cooking classes, could you limit it in size and stress the personal or private coaching, perhaps offer it to couples? Or offer to come to people's homes to teach them (you could bring supplies, do the shopping as part of the offering, or take them shopping as part of the package so they learn how to buy the best ingredients.) Maybe offer different packages, by age, by experience, by season, by health concernůso you might get repeat customers.

Silverbirch
    I'm currently employed as an employment recruitment consultant in Australia. If you were one of my clients, I could just about guarantee you work in one of many upmarket cafes. You don't even need a qualification to do it. There is such a shortage of "cooks", that there has been some type of program of bringing workers here from Asia to fill positions. The organisation I work for is thinking out a program of negotiating with employers to hire people as kitchen hands instead and providing some funding for training in hospitality.

Silverbirch
    This article claims we need an additional 38,000 chefs in Australia! Come to Australia. If you are good, you would definitely be able to get job at least in upmarket cafe. I don't know about restaurants, but given the shortage, you would have to at least stand a chance.[Register to see the link]

Batya33
    Platinum Member
    I would go to cooking school and be careful about preparing food at home for sale given all the rules/licensing about food safety. What a great talent and skill to have!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Top Threads
How to I tell potential employers my reasons for leaving?
I'm currently sending out applications with my resume for another job. I've been at this one for almost one year, and I can't take the racism and
Buying a house and retirement
Retirement has been weighing heavily on mine and my husband's mines . In the grand scheme of life it's only 12 years away for him and 10 for me
34 years old and looking for work
So I'm going to be graduating from University with an Arts degree with a double major in Sociology and English and, ideally, I want to enter the
How do I ask for the rest of the money politely?
I'm in my senior year of college and I'm working with a start up company for an internship to make some extra money. I was told in the beginning that
Major screw up at work :(
Hi Guys, Need some advice/help. I'm employed as an office manager - each employee is given a phone and they are expected to have it with them
High school is ending
It's the moment I've been waiting for but also the moment I dread the most. I've been working extremely hard throughout highschool also graduating
LinkedIn Post - Announce Career Search?
Hello eNA! I will be graduating in a few short weeks and I'm presently looking for a job. I have had a handful of interviews recently, which is

Expert Advice
Featured Threads
Completely Confused? What does this mean?
Hi All- I was dating a guy for almost a year. We had a pretty great relationship- Things got serious. We told each other we loved each other. Even
Boyfriend told me he couldn't afford holiday, next day books one to Thailand
Basically my boyfriend of 6 months is $40k in debt (I'm debt-free). We had talked about going to Vietnam and he said he needed 6 months to save up
Not a regular here, I have a few questions...
I'll try to make this brief. Been in a relationship (23F) with a man (35) for 5 years. Typical in the beginning, though I always wondered how he
Weed or Me
Hi, I have been dating my boyfriend for a few months - he is 31 and I am 24. He has recently started smoking weed every night and I don't really
Is He Hiding from Me?
Hi All, Need some advice from those that are familiar with social media apps such as Instagram.. I'v been friends with this guy for about a
Red flag in friendship
I've been through a terrible first break up and was in a lot of pain. I was physically and mentally sick due to the stress of the break up but I'm
I broke hard NC after 7 months (B I G M I S T A K E)
No surprise, I'm absolutely devastated. She pretty much blew me off like I was a piece of trash. At first I was happy because she actually responded
Ask For Advice