Ask For Advice
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Unconventional ways to make money utilizing my cooking skills

Ms Darcy
    I think cooking can be a great side business to help you bring in extra money. Here are a few ideas:

1. Set up a YouTube channel where you cook specific dishes. You'd need a decent camera, a good number of videos, and an advertising strategy to get views.

2. Offer to teach some reasonably priced cooking classes (maybe out of your home). If it's not too expensive, and you live in a biggish city, people will be interested. You just need a good cooking/demonstration space.

3. Consider becoming a caterer. You might set up a nice side business by cooking and catering for events (weddings are a good example). If you can do it for friends as a start, that would be great.

journeynow
    If your apartment is too small for cooking classes, could you limit it in size and stress the personal or private coaching, perhaps offer it to couples? Or offer to come to people's homes to teach them (you could bring supplies, do the shopping as part of the offering, or take them shopping as part of the package so they learn how to buy the best ingredients.) Maybe offer different packages, by age, by experience, by season, by health concernůso you might get repeat customers.

Silverbirch
    I'm currently employed as an employment recruitment consultant in Australia. If you were one of my clients, I could just about guarantee you work in one of many upmarket cafes. You don't even need a qualification to do it. There is such a shortage of "cooks", that there has been some type of program of bringing workers here from Asia to fill positions. The organisation I work for is thinking out a program of negotiating with employers to hire people as kitchen hands instead and providing some funding for training in hospitality.

Silverbirch
    This article claims we need an additional 38,000 chefs in Australia! Come to Australia. If you are good, you would definitely be able to get job at least in upmarket cafe. I don't know about restaurants, but given the shortage, you would have to at least stand a chance.[Register to see the link]

Batya33
    Platinum Member
    I would go to cooking school and be careful about preparing food at home for sale given all the rules/licensing about food safety. What a great talent and skill to have!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Top Threads
Interview Vibes
Hello, eNA! I have posted a few times about my career search - thank you all for the help! I've been having a lot more luck lately and have four
Complaining Boss
Boss took away some of my hours at work, because he thinks I am not doing a good enough job. He never arpouched me about it, but rather just took
Trying to better myself, need advice on how to get over the wall
I'l try to make this as short as possible without writing a book! Thanks in advance to all who will read this and give me there imput. First off I'm
Applied Internationally
I saw a job that would be a great use of my education and skills, it's overseas. I know I would need to get a work visa, truth is I think I have a
Work has become toxic but I am scared to get out
I have a good paying job at a law firm, and have been working there almost 5 years. The thing is no matter how hard I work, how much I educate

Expert Advice
Featured Threads
I didnt know this was cheating until i saw how much it hurt him
So my boyfriend and I have been together 8 months. It's been pretty close to perfect over all until last weekend. We trusted each other before this
Interview Vibes
Hello, eNA! I have posted a few times about my career search - thank you all for the help! I've been having a lot more luck lately and have four
Ex from seven years ago married
My ex from seven years got married in November 2016 he began dating this girl eight months after dumping me.hiw have I found this out? By the
❌Did i just get stood up????❌
A few weeks ago this guy and i started texting. It was a pretty instant interest right from the start, on both ends. He kept telling me how
HELP My boyfriend blocked me after an argument
Almost 3 weeks ago me and my (EX) boyfriend that ive been seeing for about a year had a huge explosive and petty fight over him being selfish/ self
My wife has zero trust in me
So we have been married for about 8 months now, everything was fine prior to marriage. From the day we got married to today, it has been a living
21, in a relationship and sexually frustrated
I'm 21 (female) and I'm dating a 28 year old. Ive had my round of men before him so I know exactly what I like during sex and he's PERFECT. But what
Ask For Advice