Ask For Advice
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Unconventional ways to make money utilizing my cooking skills

Ms Darcy
    I think cooking can be a great side business to help you bring in extra money. Here are a few ideas:

1. Set up a YouTube channel where you cook specific dishes. You'd need a decent camera, a good number of videos, and an advertising strategy to get views.

2. Offer to teach some reasonably priced cooking classes (maybe out of your home). If it's not too expensive, and you live in a biggish city, people will be interested. You just need a good cooking/demonstration space.

3. Consider becoming a caterer. You might set up a nice side business by cooking and catering for events (weddings are a good example). If you can do it for friends as a start, that would be great.

journeynow
    If your apartment is too small for cooking classes, could you limit it in size and stress the personal or private coaching, perhaps offer it to couples? Or offer to come to people's homes to teach them (you could bring supplies, do the shopping as part of the offering, or take them shopping as part of the package so they learn how to buy the best ingredients.) Maybe offer different packages, by age, by experience, by season, by health concernůso you might get repeat customers.

Silverbirch
    I'm currently employed as an employment recruitment consultant in Australia. If you were one of my clients, I could just about guarantee you work in one of many upmarket cafes. You don't even need a qualification to do it. There is such a shortage of "cooks", that there has been some type of program of bringing workers here from Asia to fill positions. The organisation I work for is thinking out a program of negotiating with employers to hire people as kitchen hands instead and providing some funding for training in hospitality.

Silverbirch
    This article claims we need an additional 38,000 chefs in Australia! Come to Australia. If you are good, you would definitely be able to get job at least in upmarket cafe. I don't know about restaurants, but given the shortage, you would have to at least stand a chance.[Register to see the link]

Batya33
    Platinum Member
    I would go to cooking school and be careful about preparing food at home for sale given all the rules/licensing about food safety. What a great talent and skill to have!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Top Threads
Hubby wants to change trades
My husband wants to go back to being an officer in the military. He is presently in the military and has been since 1986. He resigned his commission
Taking Out Important Customers - What to Wear and How to Entertain?
So I volunteered to wine and dine some important customers at my new job. I have been here a month and know very little about my company and their
How to handle boss/work situation? :(
I am currently just entering my second tri of pregnancy. The job I have was originally a PT position , as I was in university up til spring. It felt

Expert Advice
Featured Threads
My boyfriend doesn't text me as much anymore?
My boyfriend would text me everyday all day and now he won't text me first anymore or at all sometimes. Last night he stopped replying to my text so
Is she the rebound
If he leaves a 17 year relationship to date his High School Sweetheart from 32 years ago, is she a rebound ?
I want to break NC after almost 2 months to invite my ex gf to a concert
We have been in NC for almost 2 months after being together for 6 years. She stopped responding to a text i sent her. I saw she was interested in
Online dating, and why it doesn't work well for most men
We discussed this before, and for some reason people got personal and mean about it. So I have no intention of returning to this thread, but I wanted
PLEASE HELP, boyfriend talks to mom 4-5 times per day, very odd relationship....
Hi guys, Always been hesitant to post my personal business online. Anyways... here it goes... So my boyfriend is amazing...(just to throw this
Hurtful joking
My bf jokes about things that are very hurtful. Today was probably one of the most hurtful. He tried to grab my breasts and he does this a lot. He's
He dumped me and won't return my stuff
So I was seeing a guy for a short amount of time. Out of the blue....he blocked me? Fair enough, I get the message, I think it's rude but
Ask For Advice