Feeling guilty over a mistake. Please help.

Long story short: the past few months I've been smoking medical weed to help with the severe nausea I experience with PMS. However, last month my older sister caught me and told our mother. (My sister and I still live with our parents.) Suffice to say, my mother made me promise to never smoke it or bring it into her house again.

Last night, I packed up my pipe and medical weed and brought it to my friend's house. (He said he would take it.) However I decided to smoke it one last time before never smoking again. It was the WORST high I ever had; I became terribly paranoid for about twenty minutes. I was so scared, but thankfully, it eventually wore off and I drove myself home safely.

Suffice to say, I've decided never to smoke it again. But now I feel really bad about essentially not telling my mother the whole truth. (After all, I did smoke it after I told her I wouldn't. But as I just said, I never will again. That experience was enough to swear it off for good.)

Should I tell my mom about what happened? Or just forgive myself for learning a lesson the hard way? Thank you for reading.

Because that's what it revolves around. Your mother's home and objections and the manner that she found out which precipitated her directives

Thanks. But why did you include, "my older sister caught me and told our mother. my mother made me promise to never smoke it or bring it into her house again."?
I understand honoring your mother's wish to not have it in her house but to dictate a 32 yr old actions is another thing.

She can certainly have an opinion about it, but you are an adult.

By the way I read what transpired I would have thought you and your sister were teenagers.

Ugh, I know. Even my friend agreed. I'm having trouble forgiving my sister for her big mouth. But as I said, I'm done with the weed anyway.

Surely your doctor can prescribe something else for nausea/PMS?

My doctor gave me birth control pills to help regulate my period and make it easier to handle and predict. (Not to mention clear up my skin. I had terrible adult acne for awhile.)

As I said, after that high last night I don't think I'll ever smoke weed again. It was horrible.

Was it prescribed medical marijuana from a registered supplier, or were you getting it yourself? If it's not truly medical you don't know what it may be laced with....just for what it's worth.

But if it's medical and you have a prescription who cares what your mother thinks?

I would not tell her because it's more of a technicality and you promise never to do it again. There are other safer treatments for your PMS symptoms including dietary changes at that time (and try ginger chews/ginger tea/powdered ginger -great for that).

Was this autism diagnosis recent?

I would not tell her because it's more of a technicality and you promise never to do it again. There are other safer treatments for your PMS symptoms including dietary changes at that time (and try ginger chews/ginger tea/powdered ginger -great for that).

Was this autism diagnosis recent?

Sorry for the late reply, I've been at work all day. And yes, I've heard that ginger can help with upset stomach and appetite. As for the autism diagnosis, I was officially diagnosed 3 years ago. However it was always obvious something was different about me. (A friend even thought I had Aspergers in high school.)

Dont tell your mother. You say you've quit, so then you are done. You will likely cause drama and trouble at home if you tell mom. Hard to believe you are 32.

I agree; I know I've said it like 5x already, but that high the other night terrible----was more than enough for anyone to not want to smoke pot, legally or otherwise, lol. (Also, why is it hard to believe I'm 32?)

At age 32, you're adult enough to decide what substances you want to put into your own body. You took it off of Mom's property--good enough. If you still feel the need for the weed, consider researching ways to purchase and ingest the oils. You can consider putting the remainder of your stash into food, and then you're no longer 'smoking' it, which is probably lousy for your lungs, anyway.

tulip, do i remember correctly you have a mental health problem? if you rely on your mum a lot to help you function, i would understand why she has restrictions re substances. because you can't usually expect to function well on pot with a mental illness, or avoid a worsening of your symptoms.

have you discussed it with someone why you used in the first place?

edit: autistic, i just saw that. if you are dependent on her to stay functional, she will need you to not underminethose efforts with substance use.

you also have ocd? what did the doctor who prescribed it say about the psychoactive effects, given your other conditions? or did you self-medicate? because it's certainly not the first treatment of choice for the problems you list.

you also have ocd? what did the doctor who prescribed it say about the psychoactive effects, given your other conditions? or did you self-medicate? because it's certainly not the first treatment of choice for the problems you list.

I take an anti-depressant to help with my compulsive thoughts and depression. As I keep saying, I'm not smoking the weed again, so I won't go into that anymore.

Archived