BF does not like to take pictures/ Shady AF

luckygirl

My bf has admitted he hates pictures, he just does not like them, so on thanksgiving 2014 I remember I was so excited I wanted to take some pic of us, and bum!! all of a sudden he was just not feeling it and giving me these explanations that his grandfather never liked pictures and that he feels the same, that he looked bad that day and have not shaven and so on and blahblahblah, then I Insisted again and tried taking them and of course they came out blurry and bad so

I said why don't you want to take a picture with me!! ans he was like well first I don't like pictures and there not many of myself, Second don't like my pictures to be on internet on facebook( publicizing my life) and people looking at it, you can have pictures of myself, but not publish them on facebook or social media!.

Ok so that's what I see shady as heck, like what is he scared about, its facebook, mines its private and I have added a lot of people that we know in common from university , I have to say the we had broken up before and we got back together the day before thanksgiving, so the day of thanksgiving I invited him over to start fresh,do things the right way, and this is what happens to me, another deception, I find it normal that bf/gf takes pictures and live a happy life nothing wrong with that THE QUESTION IS WHAT IS HE AFRAID OF? PERHAPS OF CERTAIN PEOPLE SEEING HIM? I FEEL THERES MORE TO THAT THAN JUST ''NOT LIKING TO TAKE PICTURES!!

chillax.

i am the same.

1. i really don't like my picture taken.

2. i don't want my pics and private life publicized.

there is nothing shady about it.

he said you can have pics of him for yourself.

it sounds you're more interested in flaunting your boyfriend online. he's not a status simbol.

what was the break up about? you say the pics issue to you is "another form of deception". i think you need to clear up whatever you experienced as the original deception that lead to the break up before you go any further.

Especially with people posting stuff on social media without permission, many camera shy people not only do not want pics taken but rightfully do not want their images randomly plastered on social media by others.

It's not shady or suspicious. It may just be tasteful not to have sloppy whatever poor quality pics taken by others plastered everywhere. So many lousy, ugly, poor quality, inappropriate nonsense images out there as it is that it makes you shake your head and wonder "what were they thinking?".

I don't like having my picture taken, either, and see nothing wrong your boyfriend's feelings. I see more of a problem with you not wanting to respect them and that you see your approach as the "right way" and his as "deceptive". Perhaps you are a miss-match in this regard, which is why you react so strongly?

chillax.

i am the same.

1. i really don't like my picture taken.

2. i don't want my pics and private life publicized.

there is nothing shady about it.

he said you can have pics of him for yourself.

it sounds you're more interested in flaunting your boyfriend online. he's not a status simbol.

what was the break up about? you say the pics issue to you is "another form of deception". i think you need to clear up whatever you experienced as the original deception that lead to the break up before you go any further.

Hey thanks for answer, no the breakup was due to a misunderstanding but nothing related to this, but it bugged me cause I think its cute to take pictures of us together.

I too hate having my picture taken. I always look so weird in pics. So I usually offer to take the pictures so I don't have to be in them.

Not shady "AF"...just don't like the way I look.

What is so "cute" about posting pics on Facebook? Do you want your friends to oooh and ahhh over you and your boyfriend? Why would that be important to you?

Are you two teenagers?

Not wanting your pictures on social media is a very legitimate reason. I can't post personal pictures because of the nature of my career- I HAVE to keep my personal and business lives separate.

Just because your account is "Friends Only" doesn't make it private. There will always be hackers.

And since you seem to respond to vulgarity better, I will say this to you: Chill the *** out. Don't act like a crazy *** and learn to respect people's boundaries when it comes to taking pictures.

I can relate to how he feels. I cannot stand the assumption that it's ok to take and post pics without asking. For example, I don't let anyone post photos of my child on Facebook and I have had to ask people not to photograph him-strangers.

Leave him be and respect his boundaries.

Archived