confusing relationship with girl who has boyfriend

petergriffin

Hello everyone, I was in a long distance relationship for almost 3 years with my now ex and she broke up with me about 2 months ago. Before the break up, I talked (just as friends) to my friends roommate who has a boyfriend (we will call her Jane) who is also in long distance relationship (we are both in college). She got me through the break up pretty well, mostly by just talking to me and hanging out with me, getting my mind off of my ex. For a little over a month, me and Jane would talk non stop, whether that would be texting or snap chatting (or both, usually both). When she would leave for work, she would message me on Facebook to talk as well. When her boyfriend came into town for a weekend, she invited me to hang out with them all of the time. With her boyfriend in town, she would still text and snap chat me non stop. Me and Jane we also gym partners, and would invite me to go with her and her bf to the gym, and even told me that she would wait for me to get out of class to go with them. Jane would come over to my apartment at times to watch movies on my bed (nothing intimate). She would get mad at me if I didn't respond to her within a reasonable amount of time, even though we would talk non stop every single day. She told me once "There's no way I could resist not seeing you!" and would always wear this shirt that I gave her because I would never wear it and she wanted it. She loved talking to me, was very excited to see me, and I'm thinking I was on her mind a lot. But one day, now exactly a month ago, when her boyfriend was in town, I dropped off this body cream at her apartment that was just on my desk (I planned on giving it to my ex or sister or something as a gift and just forgot). So I just got tired of seeing it and just dropped it off when I was on my way to my other friends house, not thinking anything of it. Thinking about it after, it was probably a bad idea of me to bring her that while her boyfriend was in town, but honestly, I was not even thinking like that. I was not trying to win her over, I was not trying to send a message to her or her boyfriend, and I was not trying to cause any trouble. The cream was just on my desk and I thought I should just drop it off on my way. She came outside to get the cream, by herself, and we talked for about 3 minutes. After those 3 minutes, where she told me that she was excited to see me and that she and her boyfriend would wait for me to get off so that we could all go to the gym together, she hasn't talked to me. She didn't reply 3 times I attempted to talk to her, and then finally I texted her saying something along the lines of I'm sorry if I did anything to upset you, and then the next day she responds with "you didn't do anything to upset me, it's just when you came by on Monday, Kyle (her boyfriend) and I thought it was kinda random and I agreed...I just want to make sure that we are just friends...I didn't text you over the past few days because I thought it would be a good idea for you to forget about me I guess." I'm just confused as to what happened, because I've brought her things in the past, and she's done the same. And when she say's that we are just friends, I'm not sure how she could say that after on that same day, she gets mad at me for not replying for a few hours. Just friends wouldn't do that. I didn't reply to that, and haven't talked to her since. I do like this girl a lot, after how close we became. I'm just very attracted to her, and it seemed like she did too, because I just didn't think "just friends" had the same kind of communication and relationship we had. Do I just wait until Jane and Kyle break up? I know I can pursue other girls, but I would really like to be friends with her too. Like I see something everyday that reminds me of her and I just want to tell her (not even in like an intimate way), and I feel like she thinks the same way, but I could be wrong. I'm just not sure what I should do. I haven't talked to her in a month, but I'm really close with two of her roommates too and would like to hang out and talk with all of them but it just seems weird now.

Ever heard of "two's company, three's a crowd"? I think you are at that stage. My gut feeling tells me that Kyle is not too happy with you hanging around with his girlfriend all the time (rightly so). She should not be getting so close and overly friendly with you either - that leads you on and is also disrespectful to her relationship with Kyle.

I think you should back off. Way off. You are too close and being attracted to her, I imagine you hope for more. Keep reminding yourself ...she is in a relationship and you have no place there. She's NOT available.

Back off, move on and find someone available.

You're right.. 'just friends'.. and you're involved with her way too much!

Up to YOU to learn some control, huh?

And when she say's that we are just friends, I'm not sure how she could say that after on that same day, she gets mad at me for not replying for a few hours

- how could she say that? Cause that's all you are.

Sounds like she was using you as an emotional crutch while her bf was away.

NO expectations here.. Back off a lot. Respect that she has a bf.

confusing relationship with girl who has boyfriend

There's nothing confusing about this. Involving yourself with anybody who's in a relationship just sets you up for a front row seat to disloyalty. Then if you 'win,' you'll wonder when her disloyalty will begin with YOU.

Skip that.

Archived