90 Days No Contact Log

hello everyone, my name is Andrew, I'm new to this site. I'll start by telling you why I'm on here...my girlfriend of 2 years left me for another guy. She posts pictures of them kissing on Facebook. I called her up and he answered the phone and said "she's with me now you need to move on and stop obsessing over her. She loves me now. I am better than you." Now I'm about as shattered inside as I can possibly be. I just wanted some support and to get through 90 days of no contact so I can heal and move on and feel indifferent. It is hard because I don't have any friends. Today is the 4th day of NC and I feel so depressed. I think of them laying together and having sex. I think of all the promises she made to me that turned out to be a lie. I just want to feel better and I need help to get through these 3 months and hopefully by then I will be healed.

Thank you.

-Andrew

• Replies 756
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey Andrew,

Hang in there. The first couple of months are always the most difficult post break up, but once you hit the 3rd month mark, you'll start to feel better.

Take this week to grieve and deal with the pain and hurt. Everyone deserves to have some time to get over their emotions. When you are done, immerse yourself in activities that you like. It will help you feel better about your break up.

And if you need someone to talk to, you can always come to this forum and seek advice.

Sorry to hear this, but it's best to block her and her social media completely from your life including torturing yourself looking at her social media.

Delete her from everything and go back to permanent and strict no contact so you can heal and move on.

Sadly, this guy is right.

I called her up and he answered the phone and said "she's with me now you need to move on and stop obsessing over her. She loves me now. "

Sorry it's so bad but heartaches do hurt. Try to get through it. Each day further along gets better. Just power through in robot mode.

Well, she has me blocked now on everything and I'm trying to get through my day at work but I have a pain in my heart and I start having panic attacks.

Don't morun about a woman that left you for somebody else she was clearly cheating on you since she just suddenly left. He didn't just fall out of the sky this started way before!

That means she never loved you and what you had was fake. She didn't respect you or your relationship!

You should be happy you don't still have that horrible person in your life! Be happy it happened now and not after getting engaged or married.

Not only did she not love you, but she didn't respect you either.

I know it's hard now, but you can do so much better. Find someone that knows your worth.

Even the way she did it is awful letting him answer the phone and letting him say those things to you! She should of been the one to say that not him!

She sounds evil; be happy you aren't with her and good luck.

P.s. Until you get past these few months keep yourself busy, go out with relatives in natyre, in the city, work, watch movies, read (go to the library and read that keeps you busy and you might make some friends there). Focus on meeting new people and making friends...forget girls and relationships for awhile...

I have made friends at the library before..

Another way to make friends is to join some sort of course, or sports team, or learn a new language...that will help you make friends and take your mind off her..

Take xanax for your panic attacks.

How old are you?

All the best!

Yeah I tell myself that and it hurts to know that everything she told me was a lie. She had the guy answer the phone and they basically laughed at me. That was the most hurtful thing I ever went through. I wish I could call her and cuss her out but I'm better than that. I'm better than her. I always stayed faithful and never hurt her. All her other boyfriends cheated on her and they are always drugged up losers that she goes with and immediately says that she loves them.

Yeah I tell myself that and it hurts to know that everything she told me was a lie. She had the guy answer the phone and they basically laughed at me. That was the most hurtful thing I ever went through. I wish I could call her and cuss her out but I'm better than that. I'm better than her. I always stayed faithful and never hurt her. All her other boyfriends cheated on her and they are always drugged up losers that she goes with and immediately says that she loves them.

Seems like you can do much better than her, you seem like a much much better guy...no need to contact her again for any reason!

She seems evil and immature! Those guys she likes and tells them she loves them that fast will come back and bite her in the ass!

If she ever comes back don't accept her.

Hey Andrew,

Hang in there. The first couple of months are always the most difficult post break up, but once you hit the 3rd month mark, you'll start to feel better.

Take this week to grieve and deal with the pain and hurt. Everyone deserves to have some time to get over their emotions. When you are done, immerse yourself in activities that you like. It will help you feel better about your break up.

And if you need someone to talk to, you can always come to this forum and seek advice.

Sounds like you are doing OK. Also this bit of advice; I think the recovery time is different for everyone. Sometimes it takes three months, sometimes it takes three years. The fact of the matter; you're going to have memories of this woman for the rest of your life, so you have to find ways to deal with it and move on. Memories fade over time, though, fortunately. And that's not a metaphor or anything; when you remember a memory, you are remembering the memory of that memory, and each time that memory loses integrity over time. That's how the brain works. In this instance, it's not a terrible thing.

Thank you all for the support. All I can do is take this recovery a day at a time. It helps when all my sisters friends say that her new guy is ugly compared to me haha but at the end of the day she never deserved me. I gotta remember that

Stay strong Andrew, just take it one day at a time and only focus on THAT day.

Even tho she blocked you, block her on everything even email. When you think of all the promises she made know that was not her. Remember, this is a person that let another guy answer the phone to mock you. That is not love.

Yeah, and she cheated on her last boyfriend too. She likes to say "I love you" but it never truly means anything.

Today is your ground zero. As time passes you will see things for what they were. My ex couldn't hold a relationship past 2yrs (probably sooner who knows with him) and never admitted fault. It was always the other person. Not to deflect from you. But you will see as time passes and it will help.

You deserve better.

I didn't stalk her. I called her once after 3 weeks of No contact. Once. And I don't need a doctor. Very rude. Plus whenever we would fight she would say she'd kill herself if we didn't fix things.

She's liar and a manipulator. This woman has issues and baggage that you don't need in your life. Delete her numbers and cut her off for good.

Go posse up with some buddies and go out (to places that you are unlikely to run into her and/or the new guy) and meet some new girls. Join the gym or do something to make yourself better than you are today. You're going to find someone better than her. Guaranteed.

Do not discount the value of therapy after something like this. I used to think that it was for the weak. And then my life fell apart after my last relationship.... I definitely needed it.

I feel my situation was very similar. Wanted to kill herself if we didnt fix things. I was her everything in the beginning, she never had an amazing guy like me, handsome, smart etc..

Dropped me after 3.5 years 1 week after telling she wanted to be with me allways, i was everything she wanted. One week later with a new guy, posting selfies all over fb.. I was with her for 3.5 years. She told me then also she cheated on me before and slept with a guy.

She was a b**ch, i know that now, but my ego was hurt so bad.. every friend, aquintance, etc, saw i was dumped big time.. 2 weeks before she was on holiday with me..

Maybe you should read about some signs of female narcissism. I am +- 4 months broken up en +- 3 months nc. (one exeption, i told her to never contact me again when she tried to fight more and degrade me).

I feel so much better already, give it some time, go through the pain. it goes away, start with 80 days or so, everyday, mark your calender. I feel so much better already. These days, i am happy to go out and see people again. Cant wait for the weekend to begin again.

Its a ty time you have to go trough, but it really does get better. Now i still think about her a lot, but i seem not to cry anymore, its so different. Its really like losing an addiction. It fades i guess..

She didn't deserve you anyway. One day youll be happy you lost her because someone more special will come your way.

Stay strong!

Today is day 5 of NC. I still wake up feeling hurt. Last night I felt ok for awhile...hopefully it will get better soon.

It takes time. Just remember that. Feelings are perfectly normal and you have to remind yourself that's cause you're human. It's a fresh wound. It will take time to heal.

Some days will be good some you will need to really push yourself. But no matter how much you want to- don't try to contact or reason with her. If she tried to contact you. Don't reply or answer. It's a set back that will land you in square one.

Get a rubber band and wear it on your hand...every time you think of her, snap it hard. That helped me the first week.

As another poster said, find something to focus on. Gym, a hobby, something constructive. Read up and watch some videos on relationships and narcs. See if it clicks with your experience.

Archived