What is going on with me?

Bunny07

Soo, I catfished someone in my past a few years ago. I was being young and naive. It honestly all started because at the time some guy I was talking to (lets name him S) had played me. So my dumb revenge plan was to make a fake page so that I'd flirt with him with the fake page & his girl that he was messing with while talking to me would see it and break up with him. (I know that was so aweful of me). Well when I ended up making the page I started randomly talking to some new guy (lets call him H). I didn't purposely try to meet and catfish anybody body else but "S", but like I said it sort of just happened. So I forgot all about "S" because I began talking more to "H" and w.e. He thought I was real obvi, but at the time I didn't think what I was doing was so badd. To cut it short he ended up finding out who I really was & ended up hating me. The craziest part about this is that I ended up going to his school (Not intentionally, I got denied the other schools). So we would see eachother everyday in the Halls. But we never spoke, and when i'd try to txt him he'd be mean to me (Totally understandable). A few years past and I decided to txt him one more time. This time he wasn't mean at all. But after that convo we never spoke again but my feelings increased for him once again after that. I had hope in something that.. well may never ever happen. (Btw he got a gf after i did that to him and has been with her for years). But he was cheating on her so much with other girls and stuff. Please don't ask how I know this lol. But yea it seems like now they're back in good terms and he's inlove with her meanwhile I'm inlove with him. Like I just feel crazy. Berzerk! I literally loved him for like 5 years and I only really spoke to him when i made the fake page before him finding out. I got soo depressed while in school with him that I tried taking my own life and I wasn't going to school at all. I know I deserve what I got but the pain is still here and idk whyy! He was never actually my bf, so I dont get it. I feel like I have mental problems like seriously. I feel dumb and everything. Also, no matter what other guys I date I always think about H. Like always.. whats wrong with me? Please please dont say hurtful comments. I'm pretty vulnerable right now. This is just a small piece of it too. Help me.

It sounds like what you're really feeling is deep shame over the catfishing of H and the consequences that resulted and that's causing you to remain fixated on him.

You apologized. That's about all you can do.

He's now with a new girl (one he is cheating on, so he's no great catch anyway) and you need to let him go.

Resolve to be a better person, forgive yourself and move on.

If you really feel that you have "mental problems" you should talk to a counselor. It can do a world of good and help provide you with better perspective and healthy coping mechanisms.

Good luck.

It sounds like what you're really feeling is deep shame over the catfishing of H and the consequences that resulted and that's causing you to remain fixated on him.

You apologized. That's about all you can do.

He's now with a new girl (one he is cheating on, so he's no great catch anyway) and you need to let him go.

Resolve to be a better person, forgive yourself and move on.

If you really feel that you have "mental problems" you should talk to a counselor. It can do a world of good and help provide you with better perspective and healthy coping mechanisms.

Good luck.

I think its more a loss of control issue. The catfishing is a sick way to cast control over someones emotions. She lost that and can't get it back. And then she finishes her post by playing a victim.

OP, seek help for how you treat people.

I think its more a loss of control issue. The catfishing is a sick way to cast control over someones emotions. She lost that and can't get it back. And then she finishes her post by playing a victim.

OP, seek help for how you treat people.

Can't disagree with that.

How old is he? Sorry to say, but catfishing is not the best way to find dates or bfs of make friends. Talk to your parents about getting you some therapy.

he ended up finding out who I really was & ended up hating me.I literally loved him for like 5 years and I only really spoke to him when i made the fake page before him finding out.

Archived