Ask For Advice
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Pain after cystitis for weeks

cryingalways
    Hey guys. I had a full STD test recently and smear (as well as HIV blood) and it all came back fine.

I demanded to sera urologist this morning to my gp who agreed, but if I don't want to wait for 4 months I have to pay something like £250. I'm just gonna pay it. I keep crying cause I'm still in pain and can't do anything, so it's better to pay.

I changed my diet to make it less acidic and am taking a good probiotic and vitamins. Still feel the same though. It'all be interesting to see what the urologist says. I am happy I have that.

Limiya
    Let me know how you get on. Wish i could be of more help.

Loralora
    Quote Originally Posted by cryingalways [Register to see the link]
    Hey guys. I had a full STD test recently and smear (as well as HIV blood) and it all came back fine.

I demanded to sera urologist this morning to my gp who agreed, but if I don't want to wait for 4 months I have to pay something like £250. I'm just gonna pay it. I keep crying cause I'm still in pain and can't do anything, so it's better to pay.

I changed my diet to make it less acidic and am taking a good probiotic and vitamins. Still feel the same though. It'all be interesting to see what the urologist says. I am happy I have that.
    I am really glad you decided to pay! Waiting is never a good idea in these situations. Tell us what the urologist says...

In the mean time you don't have to put up with the pain, take pain killers...(Ibuprofen 400mg every 4-6 hours or Aspirin or Diclofenac for worse pain).

After a urologist you might have to see a nephrologist too...kidey stones cause a lot of pain...

Anyway let us know and good luck!

~Seraphim ~
    Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared
    Make sure the probiotic is at least 50 billion.

Wiseman2
    If you haven't had sex since that's great. If you are prescribed antibiotics and do not take the full amount infections not only recur but with more resistance. Why not refrain from these home remedies for now, since they could be making things worse until you actually know for sure what you are dealing with. A lot of this junk can actually produce kidney stones or interfere with antibiotic treatments.
    I had a full STD test recently and smear and it all came back fine.

cryingalways
    The probiotic is 20 billion, it's the highest I could get in town

I took several courses of antibiotics that just weren't getting rid of the problem fully, and have probably put my body out of wack (four lots in 6 weeks).

Yeah I'm looking forward to seeing a urologist, don't know how long I have to wait but will ring to check tomorrow. All I know is it will be a lot less than 4 months. Im sure I've spent over £100 on antibiotics and medicines so far anyway

It's hard to move on with my life like this though which is very frustrating. I'm managing to go to work just about and see some friends, but making plans out of town or moving out of my mums, meeting new people...these things seem a bit difficult right now. And I'm sure it would all help me after this guy who I thought wanted a future left me suddenly when I was ill (not sure if that's why he left me, but it's not a great feeling to be dumped when you're ill anyway).

Thanks guys though, I appreciate your concern. It can make me feel pretty low being like this.

Loralora
    The sooner you deal with this, the sooner and easier it will be for you to go on with your life.

So what did the urologist say?

Did he say you have to go to a nephrologist also?

cryingalways
    I'm waiting for my referral to go through then I can get an appointment. I had a couple drinks last night (one was fizzy with sour stuff) and can't go to work today cause it's made it worse
    I would be fine normally but it seem to have inflamed it more and then feeling a bit tired/hungover makes me more stressed so that makes it worse. It's a real shame cause I was feeling better yesterday (which is why I had the drinks).
    Ah well, at least I know what not to do now.

Loralora
    I'm waiting for my referral to go through then I can get an appointment. I had a couple drinks last night (one was fizzy with sour stuff) and can't go to work today cause it's made it worse
    I would be fine normally but it seem to have inflamed it more and then feeling a bit tired/hungover makes me more stressed so that makes it worse. It's a real shame cause I was feeling better yesterday (which is why I had the drinks).
    Ah well, at least I know what not to do now.
    Okay well keep us informed once you see the urologist.

Good luck!

Wiseman2
    Certain foods, such as tomatoes, artificial sweeteners, caffeine, chocolate, and alcohol, can cause bladder symptoms. Read more

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Top Threads
Ladies: have any of you fainted/passed out while on period?
I'm asking because last weekend, during the first day of my period, I decided to go shopping and run errands. I was feeling fine until I got into one
Had sex w/bf for 1st time; to get all the way in, he had to get over a "hump"
He and I actually tried having sex last week for the first time; when he tried to get in, I found it painful so he took it out. We tried again like
bad teeth losing job
hi could someone help I have terrible mouth problems (gums and teeth) basically ot the point being harassed about it everywhere and likely to
Car motion sickness a week before period
Has anyone experienced it ? I mean as passenger in a bus and in car. ..right when i got outside i was fine...
She dosent wanna talk and idk why
I'm 17 never had and never wanted a realationship with some until I met this girl (who I'm going to refer to as M). M was perfect for me we liked the

Featured Threads
Is he just telling me what I want to hear?
I've posted on here a few times regarding my relationship. I finally built up the courage to break up with him. It's now been 5 weeks, yet due to our
Did the Psychologist get this wrong??
Me and my boyfriend have been together 8 years. We have not married or had kids yet which is more because of me in the sense I don't feel ready. He
Woman I'm dating revealed a lot about her sexual past
Hi Everyone, I'm a 28 year old male and have been going out with a 28 year old woman for about a month. Things have been going well and we have
Too Fussy?
So on my journey of recovering from a series of abusive and rubbish relationships Iíve come up with a list of deal breakers and a list of minimum
Is there still hope? Wanting to get back with Ex
I feel my hope of getting back with my ex is over for good. We broke up 12 months ago. I did the breaking up and during that time I've been begging
Sexual Chemistry or Comfort
Hi Everyone: I feel guilty for asking this, but here goes: I'm the type of person who is always in a relationship, most of the time they're
advice welcome
Hi all. Been with my wife for 20yrs, married 13yrs. Due to problems on both sides we split up in September. 2 weeks later she is in a rebound and
Ask For Advice