Ask For Advice
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Pain after cystitis for weeks

cryingalways
    Hey guys. I had a full STD test recently and smear (as well as HIV blood) and it all came back fine.

I demanded to sera urologist this morning to my gp who agreed, but if I don't want to wait for 4 months I have to pay something like £250. I'm just gonna pay it. I keep crying cause I'm still in pain and can't do anything, so it's better to pay.

I changed my diet to make it less acidic and am taking a good probiotic and vitamins. Still feel the same though. It'all be interesting to see what the urologist says. I am happy I have that.

Limiya
    Let me know how you get on. Wish i could be of more help.

Loralora
    Quote Originally Posted by cryingalways [Register to see the link]
    Hey guys. I had a full STD test recently and smear (as well as HIV blood) and it all came back fine.

I demanded to sera urologist this morning to my gp who agreed, but if I don't want to wait for 4 months I have to pay something like £250. I'm just gonna pay it. I keep crying cause I'm still in pain and can't do anything, so it's better to pay.

I changed my diet to make it less acidic and am taking a good probiotic and vitamins. Still feel the same though. It'all be interesting to see what the urologist says. I am happy I have that.
    I am really glad you decided to pay! Waiting is never a good idea in these situations. Tell us what the urologist says...

In the mean time you don't have to put up with the pain, take pain killers...(Ibuprofen 400mg every 4-6 hours or Aspirin or Diclofenac for worse pain).

After a urologist you might have to see a nephrologist too...kidey stones cause a lot of pain...

Anyway let us know and good luck!

~Seraphim ~
    Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared
    Make sure the probiotic is at least 50 billion.

Wiseman2
    If you haven't had sex since that's great. If you are prescribed antibiotics and do not take the full amount infections not only recur but with more resistance. Why not refrain from these home remedies for now, since they could be making things worse until you actually know for sure what you are dealing with. A lot of this junk can actually produce kidney stones or interfere with antibiotic treatments.
    I had a full STD test recently and smear and it all came back fine.

cryingalways
    The probiotic is 20 billion, it's the highest I could get in town

I took several courses of antibiotics that just weren't getting rid of the problem fully, and have probably put my body out of wack (four lots in 6 weeks).

Yeah I'm looking forward to seeing a urologist, don't know how long I have to wait but will ring to check tomorrow. All I know is it will be a lot less than 4 months. Im sure I've spent over £100 on antibiotics and medicines so far anyway

It's hard to move on with my life like this though which is very frustrating. I'm managing to go to work just about and see some friends, but making plans out of town or moving out of my mums, meeting new people...these things seem a bit difficult right now. And I'm sure it would all help me after this guy who I thought wanted a future left me suddenly when I was ill (not sure if that's why he left me, but it's not a great feeling to be dumped when you're ill anyway).

Thanks guys though, I appreciate your concern. It can make me feel pretty low being like this.

7. Thanks Wiseman2 thanked for this post
    Loralora
    The sooner you deal with this, the sooner and easier it will be for you to go on with your life.

So what did the urologist say?

Did he say you have to go to a nephrologist also?

cryingalways
    I'm waiting for my referral to go through then I can get an appointment. I had a couple drinks last night (one was fizzy with sour stuff) and can't go to work today cause it's made it worse
    I would be fine normally but it seem to have inflamed it more and then feeling a bit tired/hungover makes me more stressed so that makes it worse. It's a real shame cause I was feeling better yesterday (which is why I had the drinks).
    Ah well, at least I know what not to do now.

Loralora
    I'm waiting for my referral to go through then I can get an appointment. I had a couple drinks last night (one was fizzy with sour stuff) and can't go to work today cause it's made it worse
    I would be fine normally but it seem to have inflamed it more and then feeling a bit tired/hungover makes me more stressed so that makes it worse. It's a real shame cause I was feeling better yesterday (which is why I had the drinks).
    Ah well, at least I know what not to do now.
    Okay well keep us informed once you see the urologist.

Good luck!

Wiseman2
    Certain foods, such as tomatoes, artificial sweeteners, caffeine, chocolate, and alcohol, can cause bladder symptoms. Read more :[Register to see the link]

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Top Threads
healthy activities you like
Hey people! Like everyone here, I'm trying to find myself, what i like and what i can keep myself busy with; and so far I've come up with a short
Getting stood up: is it a big deal?
Iím not sure if this is the right topic to post this forum in, but here it goes. Iíve experienced getting stood up A LOT in my life. (Itís funny
Interesting/Smartphones
How Smartphones Hijack Our Minds Research suggests that as the brain grows dependent on phone technology, the intellect weakens Appeared in the
I'm struggling to function...
As I write this I'm feeling incredibly anxious and depressed, and I'm at a loss for what to do. I'm currently taking anti-depressants and I'm
Has anyone used talkspace?
Talkspace is a modern version of therapy. Completely digital with communication through text messages. I am considering doing it for 1 month as a
Father passed away
We decided to take my dad off life support 2 weeks ago. The funeral was a couple of days ago. I posted about family issues before. My family is not a

Expert Advice
Featured Threads
My (ex?) girlfriend has anorexia and it probably destroyed our relationship - what to do?
Hello. I would like to tell my story. I am a 22 year-old male dating an 18 year-old female, though we have probably broken up today. This is
Question about how I should handle the finances in my marriage
I recently married my bf of 5 years and we are expecting a baby early next year. Since then I've found out some rather disturbing things about his
married now found out she cheated while we were dating Im so confused help
We have been married 2 years and dated a long time before we were married (16yrs) 5 years into our relationship my wife , then gf went on a cruise
Wanting To Be With Loved One In After-Life
Has anyone who has ever lost a loved one with whom they were extremely close and loved dearly ever thought about taking his/her own life so as to be
Does everyone have some positive qualities?
Since the day I had been dumped (got dumped in April and after all the failed efforts to reconcile, accepted his decision in mid July). I feel I am a
I it wrong to date my sister's ex boyfriend?
My sister was dating a guy for two month, and me and her bf start being friends until they broke up.....i have feelings for him and he also loves me
She left me because she thinks I'm dumb
I have been in relationship with this girl and moved to her country 3 months ago and lately things are going pretty bad and she is seeking for a
Ask For Advice