How do I wait for my crush to be ready to date me?

cfarthing77

You don't. She may very well have said that just to let you down easy or she may really need time, but life is short and fleeting and can be gone in a moment through absolutely no fault of your own.

Do not ever spend it sitting on the shelf waiting and hoping someone will pick you up off the shelf to play. Go out and date others, be friendly to her but don't fall into the trap of doormatting for her and trying to hang on the fringes where you then get upset and/or feel used if it turns out she was just trying to let you down easy. Or someone else comes along who she would rather go out with.

If it's going to happen at some point, it'll happen. But right now she just gave you a very clear no, unfortunately softening it with a mistaken idea of trying to spare your feelings. Don't take it literally. She isn't available, so move on. And you can't put a time and she can't put a time on when or if she will ever want to date you.

People don't work like that. And typically it takes 6 months to a year or more to get over a bad breakup or losing a relationship you wanted.

What is it she "doesn't want to rush into"? Just going for ice cream or coffee after school? Tell her ok, no rush how would you like to hang out after school or go for pizza on the weekend. Reassure there's "no rush", then just hang out.

she says she likes me too but she doesn't want to rush into anything.
What is it she "doesn't want to rush into"? Just going for ice cream or coffee after school? Tell her ok, no rush how would you like to hang out after school or go for pizza on the weekend. Reassure there's "no rush", then just hang out.

She doesn't want to rush into a relationship.

Try real ones. Date girls from school.

I absolutely agree.

OP, you say you're waiting for your crush to want to date you. But how could that even be possible, when you have never met and live 4 hours away? You can't take her on a date.

Most people are not going to be interested in an online relationship, especially as you get older. They want real, in-person dates and contact. What do you define as a relationship, OP?

I have a crush on this girl, and she says she likes me too, but she doesn't want to rush into anything. So, I told her that I would wait it out until she is ready, but I don't know how to do it, really, or how I should act. Any advice would be appreciated in advance.

When you say she's not ready to "date" you and she doesn't want to "rush into anything," do you mean a real life dating situation or an on-line situation?

You said you've had a lot of "on line relationships," so I take it this is how you usually "date"? On line, cyber "relationships"?

Can you clarify? I find these "cyber relationships" fascinating really.

I have interacted with guys on line, but never considered actually engaging in an on-line dating situation or a cyber "relationship" with any of them, I cannot even fathom it TBH.

How does it work? Do you meet for dates on line, say Friday night at 8:00? Via Skype or something? Have a drink together (and sex) while on Skype?

Do you become exclusive?

Did you ever see the movie "Her" with Joaquin Phoenix?

Not that was strange, he'd even have double dates and take his computer on the date..... and his on-line gf would interact with him and his friends via the computer while on the date!

The answer is you do not wait. You keep growing learning and becoming the best you today and the next day, each day forward. You keep your contact informtion current with her. And you turn your attention to activities that give you a current return. If you are too distracted by this cyber friend, then focus on your guy friends for companionship. Invest in people you respect.

This same timing problem will happen over and over. Learn to keep going knowing that the future is open to any possibility.

You go out and live your life and you dont "wait" for her. Let me give you some advise. You dont ever say "Ill wait for you" because you have given them all the power in the world. She can go see other guys, kiss whomever, have sex with another guy and you can never get mad because she can always say "You said youll wait" and then you will feel bad.

Rather than waiting you say when you know what you want, you know my number or email. Im going to go live my life.. And then you go out and meet whomever you want to meet. Date who you want to date. If a girl wants to be with you, she will let you know. Nothing for you to "wait" over.

Live your life.

Archived