Married man at work flirting with me? Now he is not acknowledging me, confused

MissArianaM

There is this really cute guy who works in my office hes 35 but he looks and acts like he is 25, i just found out today that he has kids, i did also see a ring on his left finger. I am 22 and started working there about 6 months ago and was seated next to me, we didn't really talk but he did always say how are you etc, he would also try and start conversations. He is a bit of a silly guy and he is funny.

When i moved to another team (same office) and whenever he saw me he would say "hey how are you" and stare at me with a smile..now he completely ignores me.

Before he started ignoring me and not acknowledging me anymore he did say something that threw me off. He was getting a coke and i happened to be there and said to him "well are you going to give a dollar for that coke" in a nice way and smiled. He replied with "You can shout me" he smiled and walked off..I was lost. Was he flirting

Now where i sit i cant see people walk by me but I can feel when someone is staring at me and when i turned around I've seen him walking past staring at me. Yesterday i turned around to stand up and walk to the bin..I see him going to the bin staring my way. I was also at the printers today and i saw his body from the corner of my eye and felt him look my way...he completely ignores me now..whats his problem.

I get that he is married and has kids and hes way older but i am way attracted to him..I've been avoiding him and making eye contact with him, he seems to be doing the same. Is it all in my head or was he flirting?

He may find you attractive, and he may have been flirting with you (or perhaps just being friendly), but I would recommend keeping your distance and being professional in your interactions with him. Pursuing this will only lead to pain.

I am professional in the workplace, I have developed a major crush on him, i dont know why seeing as he is way older. I just really wanted to know was he flirting when he made that statement about me shouting him.

While i don't know what "shouting him" means... i would guess that he is the jocundy type. and perhaps trying to figure out why that girl can't even walk over to the bin without throwing glances his way.

how is a comment about a can of coke so important, and why is it important whether he likes you or not? he's married so it shouldn't be a question?

While i don't know what "shouting him" means... i would guess that he is the jocundy type. and perhaps trying to figure out why that girl can't even walk over to the bin without throwing glances his way.

how is a comment about a can of coke so important, and why is it important whether he likes you or not? he's married so it shouldn't be a question?

Obviously you haven't read this properly, I am trying to figure out why a married man whos significantly older than me can't walk over to the bin without glancing at me, if you've read it you would have noticed i said he was staring at me not the other way around.. I dont understand the point of your comment you are just being judgemental and not very helpful

i read your post. you sound interested, he sounds like he was joking at first, and then stopped engaging you alltogether because he got a weird amount of your interest for simply exchaning a few words by the vending machine-- and he figures if something banal like that can give you ideas, he better ignore you.

it sounds like your peripheral and central vision is on him at all times, and he's noticed. that he's backed away should tell you exactly how comfortable he is with it.

what isn't helpful is obsessing over whether a married guy likes you. when they're off bounds, you want to extinguish your crush, not feed it.

i'm not sure what you're looking for tbh.

Don't even care about why he is flirting even if he is...you don't want to get caught in that kind of drama..

It only leads to pain, time consumption, disappointment and him using you for sex if this would lead you having something with him and he would never be leaving his wife or family for you. You would end up feeling drained.

This would lead to you waisting your youth and time on a manipulative person..

You should be happy he's not acknowledging you (hope that's not part of his game) be careful and just mind your own business and find a guy your age that is avaliable.

I am professional in the workplace, I have developed a major crush on him, i dont know why seeing as he is way older. I just really wanted to know was he flirting when he made that statement about me shouting him.

Your only concern should be is that he is WAY married!!

i read your post. you sound interested, he sounds like he was joking at first, and then stopped engaging you alltogether because he got a weird amount of your interest for simply exchaning a few words by the vending machine-- and he figures if something banal like that can give you ideas, he better ignore you.

it sounds like your peripheral and central vision is on him at all times, and he's noticed. that he's backed away should tell you exactly how comfortable he is with it.

what isn't helpful is obsessing over whether a married guy likes you. when they're off bounds, you want to extinguish your crush, not feed it.

i'm not sure what you're looking for tbh.

Obviously you didn't read this as you are way off again. I never actually showed interest in him, ever. I wouldn't even acknowledge the guy when he walked past me. And in regards to my central vision..I don't even look at him, when i do look in a certain direction he always seems to be there staring at me, which has made me feel uncomfortable.

How would you know he's looking at you if you're not looking at him???

He's probably wondering why his coworker is always looking at him. Chances are, he goes home at the end of the day and tells his wife about the young lady at work who stares at him. Probably makes him feel uncomfortable.

And yes, I did read it. You have to be looking at him to see he's looking at you!

How do you know he is staring if you aren't looking at him? Maybe you are acting stranger than you think and he is picking up on it.

Also, what is "shouting him?"

I promise you i wasnt acting strange I've never liked this guy and was always cordial with him. He is the one who started actimg weird after one of our encounters at the lifts. I was standing there then he came and said "oh hey Ariana how are you" in a really happy tone. At this stage i haven't seen him around in ages and completely forgot about him so i responded and said "oh hey i completely forgot about you" and i meant that in the most innocent way. I actually did forget he worked there. After that he ignored.

And when he said "You can shout me" that means that I can basically buy him a drink. Like when you're going to a restaurant and you say to your gf "You can shout me a drink" It means pay for it.

you can do your work without paying attention to him.

it's strange, you say you're uncomfortable with him acknowledging you, your title says he's not acknowledging you.

if the first is true, you'd do well to refrain from any unneccessary interaction. if it's the latter, he's solved the problem of being left alone to work in peace for you.

How would you know he's looking at you if you're not looking at him???

He's probably wondering why his coworker is always looking at him. Chances are, he goes home at the end of the day and tells his wife about the young lady at work who stares at him. Probably makes him feel uncomfortable.

And yes, I did read it. You have to be looking at him to see he's looking at you!

Uhm i clearly stated it below to one of the responders..Every freaking time i look up he's there not at his seat, he's always around somewhere wherever i look, directly staring at me..how can i not look when he's staring and making me feel weird

Uhm i clearly stated it below to one of the responders..Every freaking time i look up he's there not at his seat, he's always around somewhere wherever i look, directly staring at me..how can i not look when he's staring and making me feel weird

So many contradictions. (Below) is what you stated in your first post. I'm not sure where you're going with this?

I get that he is married and has kids and hes way older but i am way attracted to him..I've been avoiding him and making eye contact with him, he seems to be doing the same. Is it all in my head or was he flirting?

Archived