How often should you visit each other?

I'm in a fairly new relationship with a guy I dated three years ago(I was afraid of having a bf back then).

He lives about a hour away. Seeing each other once a week seems good to me. But I was in a Ldr with a guy once before where we would spend 24 hours sometimes 48 at that once a week visit. This guy seems to spend a decent amount of times with his buddies on the weekend and it seems that we are only able to spend 10-12 hours together at a time and that's usually from a evening until the next morning.

So I don't feel like I can ask him to not hang out with his buddies but I also don't want to have the relationship not move forward? He likes me a lot and is expressive about how much he misses me etc. So I guess I'm just a bit confused as to why he can't seem to make time to spend a whole 24 hours together once a week.

Since it's a new relationship, I think that more than 10-12 hours at a time is too much. It's not the normal pace of dating while still in the beginning stages. An hour apart isn't that far. Can't you meet each other halfway midweek for a movie or dinner? Make sure that he's making an equal effort into getting together with you. Don't be the person who suggests or initiates everything. You need to see if he's really as into this relationship as you so you'll know whether to keep putting your emotional energy into him.

It depends on your work schedules, the commute and what you both want. if you can only see each other weekends it seems like he's got it set up for booty call then he hangs out with friends or does his own thing. Does he come to you evenly?

So funny as he's walking out the door to party with his buddies he tosses you a "miss ya".

Why can't he devote some time and plan activities over the weekend to you? Do you go out on dates? Have brunch? Do things together? Or is it just 10 hr overnight booty call?

Stop doing this until he has time to treat you like a gf, not booty call.

He lives about a hour away. Seeing each other once a week seems good to me. we are only able to spend 10-12 hours together at a time and that's usually from a evening until the next morning. how much he misses me etc.

I can understand an occasional time spent with his friends.. you're still allowed to have a life outside the relationship.

But.. every weekend? if you're both busy thru the week/ can't see each other at all. Would hope he CAN spend more time with you. To get to know each other better.. etc.

If this is new again, why not meet halfway for dinner one night during the week (30 minutes is nothing to drive, and if one of you is working late, go to that person's area or vary the distance) or otherwise go on a 1-3 hour date, and have a weekend date that is not a sleepover? an hour is really not that far. And you are getting too comfortable too quickly if you spend 2 hours with him in the evening, sleep, get up and leave. That's my advice

Archived