Do you keep pictures with exs?

Rising100

It's normal to document moments in your life, even if they are in a pic here and there (wedding, vacation,etc). However having a shrine with pics with just an ex in them is kinda weird..

Do you keep pictures of or with exs from your previous relationships?

How do you feel if your significant has pictures with exs from previous relationships.

I personally don't keep them because I tend to get rid of mementos right after a breakup, in order to make my moving on process a bit easier. I also delete contact info.

I would be ok if my significant other had pictures of his exes, as long as they are not in plain view, or hundreds of them, or in his phone. If they are stored in a private space out of sight, I am ok with it because I am aware that some people find it hard to part with memories - nor do I think they should, once they are with a new partner.

Now if he's like one of my exes, who thought it was a good idea to show me over 100 pictures of his ex on his phone on our first date, I wouldn't even bother with him. I'm still wondering why I didn't just get up and leave when that happened.

I keep my photos, yes. I keep them in a folder on my computer that's kind of hidden away. It's not a shrine and personally, I don't really look at them much but I like having them. They are part of my history.

My boyfriend has some photos too. It doesn't bother me.

I personally don't keep them because I tend to get rid of mementos right after a breakup, in order to make my moving on process a bit easier. I also delete contact info.

I would be ok if my significant other had pictures of his exes, as long as they are not in plain view, or hundreds of them, or in his phone. If they are stored in a private space out of sight, I am ok with it because I am aware that some people find it hard to part with memories - nor do I think they should, once they are with a new partner.

Now if he's like one of my exes, who thought it was a good idea to show me over 100 pictures of his ex on his phone on our first date, I wouldn't even bother with him. I'm still wondering why I didn't just get up and leave when that happened.

Someone did that lol, yea I wonder why too.

Maybe he was trying to see if it would piss you off, its funny tho

Yes, all my wedding photo's are with my parents - even though my boys father is not in my life anymore, he's still a big part of my kids life, so they are welcome to peruse them there. (both boys have the last family shot of the four of us together in their wallets which I find is kinda cute - probably done on purpose to annoy 'the other woman' )

I have the odd photo of my exbf/partners, but they are not on "show" and are tucked away in a box - which reminds me, I have to take the last one of facebook - ( I wont be seeing anyone for a while, so I'm not too worried about them being there, I never look back at them... it is the past)

How do you feel if your significant has pictures with exs from previous relationships.

I dont keep them intentionally any more but I do have them somewhere in the cloud, I just forgot where. I like to keep my past where it belongs (in past),and do my best to take most of what I learned from past experiences and use it to make my future better.

But, if I found out my SO has a picture or two (or 10),of their ex stored somewhere at the attic, I wouldn't mind it. It's their past,and as long as it isn't obsession and they don't have the picture right besides their head/printed on their sheets or wall art of their pictures, I dont mind it.

Yes, I have pics.

I don't hurt over any of my exes, so it doesn't bother me to see the pictures. It reminds me that I had some fun times with them in the past. I have them in a drawer, in a folder on my computer, etc...not on a wall in my living room or bedroom lol.

If an SO did the same it wouldn't bother me one bit.

I have pictures of my ex on Facebook (1 or 2 somewhere) and some on my computer. He and I both married other people. Sometimes I run into them accidentally, while looking for other pictures (on my computer).

I don't care if my husband did.

I don't make a concerted effort to purge pictures of exes, letters, etc., because, bad or good, they were a part of my life. But I couldn't tell you where most of that memorabilia is. Certainly not in a shrine. I do have clothing that I've appropriated from exes, like comfy t shirts, etc. I still have some gifts that I love and have on display, like this awesome Bridge of Sorrows pewter dragon. Some of my books have notes written in them. I don't hide those (or remember that they're there half the time). I know my boyfriend probably has similar stuff. It doesn't bother me.

I guess it depends the situation, if my husband has pictures of his ex because he's not over her, then yes I would be bothered. If he has them because he forgot he has them or he just wants a memory, than it's all cool. We all have a past and doesn't meant they are all bad. Some people realized they make better friends and remain friends.

I don't make a concerted effort to purge pictures of exes, letters, etc., because, bad or good, they were a part of my life. But I couldn't tell you where most of that memorabilia is. Certainly not in a shrine. I do have clothing that I've appropriated from exes, like comfy t shirts, etc. I still have some gifts that I love and have on display, like this awesome Bridge of Sorrows pewter dragon. Some of my books have notes written in them. I don't hide those (or remember that they're there half the time). I know my boyfriend probably has similar stuff. It doesn't bother me.

OMG, that reminds me that my ex bought me the most hideous dolphin lamp. He knew I love dolphins and thought I'd like it, but it's a cheezy piece of schlock. It even made this weird motor noise when it was turned on. I had it up in my living room while we were dating because I didn't want to hurt his feelings, but I took it down when he broke up with me. Gladly. Because truly, the thing was awful!

OMG, that reminds me that my ex bought me the most hideous dolphin lamp. He knew I love dolphins and thought I'd like it, but it's a cheezy piece of schlock. It even made this weird motor noise when it was turned on. I had it up in my living room while we were dating because I didn't want to hurt his feelings, but I took it down when he broke up with me. Gladly. Because truly, the thing was awful!

Ha! That reminds ME of the time that my godmother gave me this hideous bird-call clock. A year or two later my ex-turned-boyfriend-again saw it and LOVED it. So I gave it to him, hoping that if we moved in together, he could be persuaded not to display it quite as prominently as he did in his own home.

He also loved fake blue marble linoleum and panoramic city capes with led lights embedded in them. He would have loved that dolphin lamp.

I loved him despite his taste, but alas we did not work out.

I keep mementos like cards with thoughts just so I can realize that I should be lucky to have loved and been loved by someone who I still think is special but no longer in my life. Ironically, when my last relationship collapsed, I realized that I had only two cards (none of which had the word "love" in them), a book on being "thankful" and a bottle of scotch which she had me pick out for a Christmas present paid for (after I gave her a necklace from Tiffany).

What I've realized is that I had women in my life (for half the time that I had my most recent ex) that were more emotionally involved with me than she was. It helped me take off the rose-tinted glasses about my most recent relationship and see it for what it was.....

• 2 weeks later...
Yes, I have pics.

I don't hurt over any of my exes, so it doesn't bother me to see the pictures. It reminds me that I had some fun times with them in the past. I have them in a drawer, in a folder on my computer, etc...not on a wall in my living room or bedroom lol.

If an SO did the same it wouldn't bother me one bit.

Lol yea that would be something,

Archived