She introduced me to her parents so soon. Is this strange?

tamply2

Well if it's not too soon for you go to a woman's place for sex (on a first meet!), it's not too soon to be introduced when you inevitably run into her parents when they come back to their own house.

What was she suppose to say? Here's the guy I just met and had sex with within hours of meeting.

I have nothing wrong with my morality. Thank you...We had sex, but I have serious intentions with her. I want to get to know her better and I find this situation to be very soon in a relationship. I barely know her and already met her parents...am I really the only one finding this strange? I wouldn't introduce her to my parents for months in a new relationship.

I barely know her and already met her parents...am I really the only one finding this strange? I wouldn't introduce her to my parents for months in a new relationship.

What did you expect to happen when you're already at their house and they return home? She didn't go on one date with you and say "hey I'd love for you to come meet my parents." You ran into them at her / their place. I don't get why you find it strange.

It's a completely different thing to planning on a formal introduction to parents.

What I am saying here is, why do you find it not strange to bed a woman this quickly when you barely know her, but it is strange to speak to her parents?

I personally find it strange that you would move this fast with someone you barely know.

If you wanted everything to go slow till you knew each other better than that should include sex too. So so so backwards.

It's like.."it's fine to be as physically close to a human being as possible, but not okay for any of the other serious parts to come just yet.....?!?"

I guess you are right. It was inevitable to run into her parents and I should have organized at least a date before this...but they kinda acted like I am to be part of the family. That's why it became so strange.

They are being nice. They probably thought she's dating you, lest they know the truth..

It's not strange, given the circumstances. You were at their house and they came home. They probably assumed you two have been dating and had no idea you'd only just met their daughter, hence why they were nice to you. You're lucky her dad didn't put two and two together and chase you out of the house.

This is why you don't go to someone's house the first time you meet them. Take her on a proper date.

I'm still not convinced that I did anything wrong. I'm not the kinda guy who can't face the consequences. Yes I had sex with her and she wanted it too, probably more than me...I still have serious intentions with her, but this whole thing was too quick for me. I want to know her better, preferably without her family for a while.

I barely know her and already met her parents...am I really the only one finding this strange?.

Yes, yes you are the only one to find this strange. Why not say "I barely know her and we've had sex"? If you are looking for strange things, this is as strange as it gets - girl meets guy online and asks him to come over to her place for sex as a first "date", while her parents are gone.

Focus on what really matters, and if you want this kind of situation not to happen again in the future, make an effort, plan at least a first date and when you see a girl being as reckless as this one was, with no regard to her own safety and that of her parents' house, run the opposite direction because more questionable behavior on her part is just around the corner...

I'm still not convinced that I did anything wrong. I'm not the kinda guy who can't face the consequences. Yes I had sex with her and she wanted it too, probably more than me...I still have serious intentions with her, but this whole thing was too quick for me. I want to know her better, preferably without her family for a while.

You were in. their. house!!! Did you want them to excuse themselves upon seeing you and wait outside on the porch until you did your thing and left? It was their house, you were the one who shouldn't have been there. And it's not like the reckless girl was going to confess her error in judgement and poor boundaries to her parents! Be thankful it all ended the way it did!

but this whole thing was too quick for me. I want to know her better, preferably without her family for a while.

Then why did you go to her place where her parents also live and them being there is a real possibility?

I don't think it's about having sex on the first date, it's about if you go to someone's house where their parents also live, you can expect to meet them. I just don't get why you're making the choice to go there then claim that meeting the parents was too soon, it's like it never crossed your mind that her parents might be in their own house?

I've never understood why meeting someone's parents was such a watershed moment. We all have them.

Agree. I used to double date with my parents. If we all have integrity about who we are etc, then its rather nice.

I don't ask friends/family to meet people who might be one and done, just to spare my people from investing their time wastefully.

I guess you are right. It was inevitable to run into her parents and I should have organized at least a date before this...but they kinda acted like I am to be part of the family. That's why it became so strange.

Perhaps, they had assumed you had already taken her out on proper dates.

You don't get it. You do not be in a man's house with his daughter, without the father first accepting it (in addition to knowing who you are). I don't know what is wrong with this particular parent. If it was me, you would have been tossed out, and she would have been grilled as to what took place.

You showed no respect for the parents, doing what you did in their own house. You got lucky this time. You won't be treated the same the next time you try something like this.

Agree. I used to double date with my parents. If we all have integrity about who we are etc, then its rather nice.

I don't ask friends/family to meet people who might be one and done, just to spare my people from investing their time wastefully.

Well maybe it was old school but I recall in my teens and early 20s always going to the girls house and knocking on the door and meeting her parents on a 1st date. In fact when my step daughter started dating the first guy who came to take her out blew his horn outside. I told her "This guys a loser, no class. Shake him". My wife thought I was being daft, but my step daughter found out I was right. The next guy she dated came to the door like a gentleman. They've been together almost 5 years. Class.

Archived