I can't tell whether he's shy or uninterested?

aishatheduffer

My crush is a very shy guy. He won't talk to anyone but his friends. I'm assuming he knows that I like him because I was asking one of his friends about my crush and ended up admitting that I had a crush on him.

Now, he's never afraid to stare at me when he thinks I'm not looking until I leave the room. I can feel his eyes on me or sometimes I can see from the corner of my eye. From time to time, he would check me out from head to toe or turn around to steal a glace at me if I'm behind him. I never look at him, in fact I avoid eye contact because I'm scared myself, the way I know that he's been staring at me is from my friends. They always tell me that he's staring at me. Sometimes we would have prolonged eye-contact and his eyes are very dreamy-like, I always end up breaking it though.

Literally everyday when school is over, he's always behind me and sometimes he would try to walk beside me, very close to me. I'm not sure if that's a sign that he wants my attention.

The reason why I think he's uninterested is because he hasn't a said a word to me after hearing the news that I have a crush on him. He just stares at me or checks me out when I'm the same room as him.

I just don't how understand a person would constantly stare at someone when they don't want to do anything with them. Help?

If he likes you, he won't approach you now. There is too much pressure now that his friend knows you like him. People will be watching to see what he says or does, and its too much pressure. If he is NOT interested in you, he will steer clear of you because he doesn't want you to interpret attention as "liking" you. He may be doing what you say - staring, walking close or this could be just you wishful thinking - he walks close because the aisle is narrow, he looks at everyone. Or you are wearing something unusual and he can't help but look. Honestly, if someone does not talk to you and you don't talk to them you can't "like" them because you don't know them. You think they are cute, and that's all it is.

The next time you have the opportunity to speak to him simply say lightheartedly "hi how's it going". He is 50% responsible for the conversation. If he truly is not willing to speak to anyone except his friends then I don't see the point of trying to get to know him and I would question what your crush is based on other than you think he is cute and he is a challenge becauebecause he is unavailable.

Boys can be like this at a younger age. They aren't much different than you. They are unsure and shy and worried about doing the wrong thing or making a mistake or looking like a fool. It takes time for all of us to gain self confidence and some take longer than others.

It does sound like he likes you but it very shy and doesn't know how to approach you. Maybe you could approach him and say hello, how are you? Do you want to hang out sometime? etc...

I hope both of you can find a way to get past the awkwardness and can talk to each other because it does sound like you do like one another.

Please don't dismiss him because he's shy, the shy ones are often more the sweet ones, even if it takes a bit more time to work things out and get close to them.

Hey, this guy sounds like me back in highschool. And it sounds like he might really be in to you.

My interactions with the girls I liked was basically staring at them thinking they were pretty and imagining that we were already friends. And the more I started and imagined, the more I liked them and the harder it was to get myself to go and talk to them - I didn't know any other way. (I've since learned to overcome this by talking to girls I might find myself interested in as soon as I get the chance...) There was even one time when I was in line behind my crush, trying to get myself to just say hi to her, but I couldn't do it. I was pretty frustrated with myself for this, and it sounds a lot like this guy of yours.

So here's what you should do: when you see him after class, forget about what your friends say and forget about him staring at you - for now. Just turn to him and say hi with a smile. You can ask him something easy, like about a homework assignment or something, but don't expect much of a response. But the next day say hi again and maybe talk a little more. And more the next day. And so on. But remember that this is a process, he will need some time to feel comfortable enough around you to open up. It might take a few days, it might be a few weeks, but be patient with him! He and you will be glad you did. Once you guys are a little more friendly in school, maybe invite him to hang out after school or on a weekend!

Archived