30 Day Christmas fitness Challenge!!!!

JA0371

Hey guys!!

I haven't posted in quite a while....life has been hectic but I did want to pop in after Thanksgiving and start up this 30 day challenge.

Today is the day after Thanksgiving. I ate way too much of course, lol...but want to jump start my New Years goals. Plus I really want to get this dress for our Christmas party

I did a 40 day challenge earlier this year, and it went well.

Anyone wanting to join, just check in every day after you did your work out. ( and be honest! Lol) or if you missed. Just kind of an accountability thing.

Today, Im doing some cardio, stretching and light weights.

Day 1!!

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

no gurrrrrl don't try your positivity and your motivation and your drop-dead-gorgeous obvious results of living a healthy lifestyle on me.

though i tried a calorie counting app once and i was totally winning that. higher score every day lmao

on a more serious note, i admire the dedication!

no gurrrrrl don't try your positivity and your motivation and your drop-dead-gorgeous obvious results of living a healthy lifestyle on me.

though i tried a calorie counting app once and i was totally winning that. higher score every day lmao

on a more serious note, i admire the dedication!

Lmao!!

Today even my flip flops are tight!!

Give it a shot. Baby steps....

I'll do it with you. Thank you for the motivation. I didn't workout yesterday because, well, Thansgivng, and I'm finding it harder to get back in the swing today. But thanks to you, I will.

Awesome!

I promise I will be here. Every day. Annoying you with my positivity..lol!!

You are NOT alone.....

Was planning on just vegging out after a full day of eating and drinking yesterday, but this thread got me motivated to get off my ass and do a chest workout. I don't have a whole lot of weight I need to lose, but I am trying to shed ~5 pounds by Christmas to give myself some wiggle room once the whiskey and eggnog start becoming a daily ritual.

Love tracking threads like this. Keep us all posted.

Ok,... I started walking with a friend who was in an accident but can only do 1 km with him, - I need to push myself a bit more, so 6-10 km run/walk 4x a week will be my goal.

we don't celebrate thanksgiving, but I haven't been good since my detox diet, so Yay! guess that's a Yes! I'm in. (I say as I put a mini snickers bar in my mouth!)...

You all are awesome!

So today before work...I did a 40 min workout. I can't lie because this thread requires full disclosure....but I DID have a beer after work. That said, I did NOT drink at all for the holiday..lol, so I call that balance.

Just to clarify,.no one is required to be 100% perfect ...but it is nice to try to strive for our best.

Finished my first workout .. Next have to do my grocery shopping list for the week . Just keep thinking about the party dress lol...

Good girl! GO JA! 'The Dress' is always a good motivator, and you can keep pics of it on your phone.

I have some pants I want to get back into. I had a whole slew of them I had not worn this year, but my neighbor lost her husband and dropped weight. She can't afford to keep her place, so she's packing to move. She dreaded needing to buy new pants now that hers don't fit. On an excited whim to contribute, I cleared all my closets of my best 'too small' slacks and jeans. One particular pair slipped into the mix that I can never replace--and after she excitedly tried on everything, she gave some back but kept about 5 pair and pegged those as her very favorite.

SIGH. So now I don't have the heart to ask for them back, I've learned that the designer no longer makes them. I've decided to use my stupid and petty longing for them as a lesson in reverse psychology: keeping these gems in my closet didn't motivate me to get fit enough to wear them, so THERE YOU ARE, young lady...how does losing them feel?

NOW my goal is to get into the size where finding a new favorite pair will feel like a reward instead of a penalty. When positive vision doesn't work, there's always the slimy car salesman technique of 'The Take Away' to prompt an about face.

I'll restart my foundational 10,000+ steps on FitBit today, and I'm tracking with a group to keep me honest and humiliation-free. I'm back to adding Yoga on Tuesdays, and Strength training on Wednesdays, plus whatever Pound or other classes I can fit into the mix.

I love it, I adore it, I'm crazy about it...

Thanks for hearing me vent, and thanks for posting this positive spin on accountability. I support your challenge, and I hope to see a lovely pic of you in your dress!

Best wishes to you and this group. And me ; ).

Cat

Day 2:

I managed to eat healthy today....then did 30 minutes of cardio after work.

My co workers thought I was mad when I brought in a salad for lunch. Lol...I told,them my body couldn't take anymore crap after T-giving. They seemed to empathize...lol. Anyway....so happy to see some on board! Christmas will be here in a blink, so lets focus!!!

I started my pre-Xmas weight loss regime 6 weeks ago, partly to get fitter, partly to allow some extra room for the inevitable Xmas weight gain lol... I have lost 2kg, however been stalling this past week and didn't lose any more. This would be a good thread to follow to keep me motivated to lose the last 1.5kg.

I've found I do pretty good if I eat proper, relatively healthy and filling meals during the day, minimal amount of dinner (or no dinner if I'm not hungry) for most days, allowing a slip-up day once in a while, and being realistic I can go to the gym 2-3 times a week. I find the small dinner makes a huge difference in my weight loss efforts, even if I did eat unhealthy stuff during the day (eg popcorn or a donut or ice cream etc). But trick is lunch has to be filling and healthy (so lean protein), otherwise I'll get hungry at dinner and eat more than I need.

It's getting harder as it gets closer to Xmas, I have a lot of work related dinners and lunches, at least once a week leading up to Xmas. But on the other days I'm trying hard to be good.

Archived