Range of symptoms for uti

-burning sensation before/during/after peeing (for me, it never really goes away)

-cloudy pee that smells weird

-constantly uncomfortable

-frequent urination

Martha was correct, AZO helps TREMENDOUSLY with the pain. However, if you're going to go to a doctor tomorrow, try not to take it. They can't do a urine culture if you've taken it (it turns your pee bright orange).

Depends how big they are, where there are (kidneys, ureters, etc)....lower back pain typically is associated with kidneys. They'll prob start with a UA to rule out a UTI, if that's clean and pain persists then they may do an ultrasound of your kidneys. Let's hope for a simple UTI!

Ok, in that case, go to the walk in. Make sure they get a urine culture. I don't know if you have a doctor on call you can call, but I've had docs give me antibiotic prescriptions over the phone and then I've gone to a 24 hour pharmacy to pick it up.

Because of our severe doctor shortage I live 3 hours from my dr. So I rely on walk-ins and the hospital .

I live in the US so obviously the system is different here. I called a 24-hour nurses hotline offered by my insurance company. I was sick, but not quite sick enough to go to the ER but needed meds right away. They forwarded my call to a doctor, we talked on the phone, I gave him my symptoms, and he sent in a script to my local 24 hour drug store. I was really thankful for that and that I didn't need to do an ER visit.

In the meantime, stay hydrated, drink lots of water. Take a shower, I'd sleep without underwear tonight. If you don't wear cotton underwear, I'd switch to that, natural fabrics.

You have some other health issues going on right now?

Good luck

(I haven't anything to add - I think everyone has covered everything - I have a girl friend who swore by the cranberry juice/tablets, she is prone to kidney infections)... I hope you feel better soon.

Whether its UTI or Kidney's ... yuk

((hugs))

Archived