In desperate need of help for my cat.

Almira23

Hi everyone,

I am in need of some help and I am hoping that someone has a great suggestion for me.

I recently adopted an orange medium hair 2 year old cat. He is the cutest little cat ever. He was born with folded ears and looks like he is upset all the time, sort of like Grumpy Cat. He is very lovable, likes to be held, petted, litter box trained, and isn't aggressive with other cats whatsoever. However, I am running into bit of an issue.

He is constantly meowing, all the time. I always have his litter box cleaned, his water is filled to the rim with with bottled water, and I buy him expensive cat food. He has plenty of toys, but for some reason he won't stop meowing, especially at night. He can go on for hours and hours and will only stop if I come by and give him attention.

The issue is I currently live with some family members, who are frankly sick and tired of his constant meowing. They want him out of the house if he does not calm down or cease his meowing. I haven't gotten much sleep tending to him constantly, so it has drastically affected my work and school performance.

I really want to figure out some sort of way to mellow him out. Like I said, he isn't an aggressive cat at all. I adopted him through a private adoption agency, so in the rules it states that I cannot put him in any shelter or other organization and that I need to contact them for help if I can no longer take care of him.

However, I don't want to give him up just because he won't stop meowing.

Has anyone experienced this sort of behavior?

Is he an outdoor cat that you are keeping indoors now ?

Was he split from another cat ?

His home before October 13th was at the private organization that takes care of cats who have been abandoned. As of October 13th, he was staying at this pet store called Pet Smart in my area until I adopted him.

His home before October 13th was at the private organization that takes care of cats who have been abandoned. As of October 13th, he was staying at this pet store called Pet Smart in my area until I adopted him.

Cats very much like their environment to be the same ALL THE TIME. Any change in their environment and companions causes them a lot of stress . I adopted two brothers that are littermates because they could not bear to be without each other . Cats do form strong bonds with other cats .

How do you get any sleep with the chatterbox?

My chatterbox sleeps curled above my head where he feels secure. The minute we turn out the lights for bed he runs around squawking and screaming and doing his usual routine . Then he will come into our room give us both a licking and settle on the pillow above my head . He feels secure there .

Hello everyone,

I'd figure I would give everyone an update. Turns out that his meowing was his way of telling me that something was wrong.

What I did not know is that while he was at the pet shelter, he landed badly on his paw. One of the care takers told me that they didn't do anything because they figured that he was okay since he was interacting with everyone as he usually does.

When I first got him, I did notice that he was walking kind of funny, but I thought it was just the way he walks. Well, today I woke up and the poor guy can't even stand on his paw.

So, I am taking him to the vet first thing tomorrow morning.

thanks so much for the advice. I hope he didn't break anything.

Archived