Unconfirmed date??

n0cturnal

Hey all, to cut a long story short: met a guy last week and we hit it off. have been somewhat in contact since, albeit less than before the date - chalked it up to general busyness/no need for him to 'woo' me/he's not as into texting as i am. anyway, we were meant to meet one day this week but i realised i was busy that day so texted him saying i could do the day after if he could? to which he replied "possibly that day ( and since then...nothing. the day in question is friday. i messaged him this weekend and it's been 3 days. do i give up? do i act passive aggressively? do i message to prompt him? any help is much appreciated!

OK, since you cancelled the date that was set up pretty much last minute, either this ship has already sailed because he got too miffed with that or it's on you to actually make plans now to make up for the cancellation.

The ball is not in his court but yours. Granted, if you text with "drinks Friday 8 pm at x place, are we on?" and all you get is silence, then assume this ship has indeed sailed.

He may be thinking you two are still on for Friday and what would be purpose of talking about it in the meantime?

He also could have felt unsure when you rescheduled and dialed back his expectations some.

If you think you've been putting forth more effort, I would allow him to meet you half way and contact you.

If he doesn't by the end of day tomorrow then I might reach out and confirm for Friday. You'll have your answer one way or another.

He might be thinking you're playing hard to get or that you have someone who takes priority. Neither are good for his perception of you.

He may like you, but he will probably move on if you don't do something. He has options too.

If you think you'd like him, I'd recommend texting a few times so he knows you are toying with him.

How far in advance was the first date planned? Were you the one who suggested Thursday as well? I'd say the ball's in his court and I'm thinking the answer is most likely "no" given he was wobbly about the original second date, too, but if your curiosity is nagging at you or you'd like to move on guilt-free with your weekend plans, it wouldn't hurt to send a quick, "Hey you, planning out my weekend and was just wondering whether that Friday reschedule would work for you."

Even that thursday date was tentative since he wasn't sure when he was free so that wasn't set in stone either. it was up in the air to begin with - even more so now

If you text with "drinks Friday 8 pm at x place, are we on?" - that would solve your dilemma quite neatly don't you think? Either you'll get silence and know to write him off or you'll get confirmation you have a date. Now if you get a tentative "maybe", then YOU write him off and tell him sorry but it seems like this isn't going to work out for us and then you can move on and not bother with him anymore. It's a win/win/win.

When you are both out there multi-dating a lot of this scheduling back and forth happens as meets/dates are set up, canceled etc. Text him once on Thur and ask if Fri works for him or is another time better. If you get another 'maybe' type response, move on.

Friday was never completely confirmed though. Just a possibility.
Hey all, to cut a long story short: met a guy last week and we hit it off. have been somewhat in contact since, albeit less than before the date - chalked it up to general busyness/no need for him to 'woo' me/he's not as into texting as i am. anyway, we were meant to meet one day this week but i realised i was busy that day so texted him saying i could do the day after if he could? to which he replied "possibly that day ( and since then...nothing. the day in question is friday. i messaged him this weekend and it's been 3 days. do i give up? do i act passive aggressively? do i message to prompt him? any help is much appreciated!

Who made first contact?

OK, since you cancelled the date that was set up pretty much last minute, either this ship has already sailed because he got too miffed with that or it's on you to actually make plans now to make up for the cancellation.

The ball is not in his court but yours. Granted, if you text with "drinks Friday 8 pm at x place, are we on?" and all you get is silence, then assume this ship has indeed sailed.

I don't get the impression that the date was cancelled last minute, I read it as they set up a date (who initiated I don't know) and she realised she's not free that day so suggested a different date, at the time of setting it up, not on the day of the date was suppose to be.

OP can correct me if I'm wrong.

Also I see no point in being specific about the meeting time when the response to her suggestion of Friday was "possibly". His response could've been equally vague had she suggested a time and place. He just doesn't sound interested.

Archived