How do I approach him?

mary1400

I need advice with some issues i’ve been having with a guy that i’m into and I don’t know who to talk to so here I am.

I met him about 2 months ago because i moved to a new house so I also transferred schools. We’re both 17. He seems like a really nice guy, nobody has anything bad to say about him, he’s good-looking, smart, sociable etc.

We’re in the same grade and we have the same lessons, so we do talk and he knows who I am and all that. My train of thought was that as I don’t really know him at all as a person (even though everyone says only the best things about him) I should get to know him first, maybe even be friends and i’ll go from there, he might not be someone I want to date after all.

The thing is that, he hangs out with the “popular kids” and the people I hang out with are not friends with them so I don’t know how to approach him. I’m really bad at dating and relationships and so far the only things we ever talk about is school and assignments and only during school hours. And in my opinion that’s a good place to start from and go from there, but it’s been 2 months alrady. The thought of us has probably never crossed his mind.

Apart from that one of his best friends hates me. She hasn’t told me that and in front of me she acts all buddy-buddy, but I’ve seen her talk about me before. She has probably talked to him like that about me too.

Bottom line, how can I approach this guy to be friends and how do I talk to him more about other things than schoolwork? And say we do become friends eventually and I still like him, how do I “make him” like me back?

Besides talking about school, talk about being new in town, what is there to do around here?, school clubs, groups, activities, events etc. In fact you should be joining those things in general to get acclimated to your new school rather than looking for a bf right away. Establish yourself first.

We’re in the same grade and we have the same lessons, so we do talk and he knows who I am and all that.

It's pretty much the same as my old town my old house is 20 minutes away so i already know the area. And as well as already knowing some kids i've met a bunch of new people. I'm already pretty busy with school and other activities I don't think i can join school clubs etc i really don't have any time.

I say your best bet is to segue your conversations about assignments into something more personal but not too personal, such as asking if he's doing anything fun for Halloween, is he dressing up, what are his plans for the weekend? Small talk. From there, your small talk can grow into more personal conversations, and perhaps he will ask you on a date. If not, you have forged a friendship at the very least.

I wouldn't worry about his friend that you think hates you. She's petty.

I say your best bet is to segue your conversations about assignments into something more personal but not too personal, such as asking if he's doing anything fun for Halloween, is he dressing up, what are his plans for the weekend? Small talk. From there, your small talk can grow into more personal conversations, and perhaps he will ask you on a date. If not, you have forged a friendship at the very least.

I wouldn't worry about his friend that you think hates you. She's petty.

Thank you for your help i appreciate it and i will follow your advice i guess we'll see how it goes

Archived