Is it impossible?

Christine899

Hello!

I am a girl, 21 years old, studying at the university. I have Asperger's syndrome. This means I am too shy to even look at people. Ok.. All these years I have learned to cope with it, and I am improving it.. But, I am in a stage of my life, that I started to concern.. Could I live, with this, at all?

I have no friends, I never had a relationship, I don't go out... I am afraid that years will pass, and I will not understand a thing from what being young, is.. I will not live happy university years... I will not remember them as something good but i will regret the lost years...

I am very romantic, and all the time I fall for guys... These guys are like me.. Shy and loners most times.. But never, NEVER, a crush of mine, felt like I felt... I am average looking, but I have a great (ok I'm just trying to help you understand) personality, and the subject we study, is very particular, and it helps each other to connect.. It's something like a hobby.. And we all love it.. And via this, it's so easy to chat with others.. But I fail.. All the time... Last year I tried to approach someone (as a friend), but it ended really bad..

What's wrong with me? I can't imagine anyone having a crush on me.. And it's strange.. Because I know these guys, are interested for other kind of girls.. girls like me...

And sometimes I think that I will never be in a relationship... And this thought hurts so much...

What should I do? Help me please..

It's ok to be shy, just smile and respond to people in a nice way. Try to befriend classmates, roommates, people who are in your groups or the same activities events, etc.

Don't fixate on anyone in particular like a "crush", just enjoy all sorts of interactions and if a guy you sorta like wants to hang out then see how that goes.

the subject we study, is very particular, and it helps each other to connect.. It's something like a hobby.. And we all love it.. And via this, it's so easy to chat with others.

Thank you for your answer.. But the problem is, there are no interactions at all.. I don't talk to anyone and no one talks to me.. I always try to say "hi" but I don't see any result.. I only go to concerts, and I see some guys there, every time.. I want to be friend with them, so much, but no one wants to be friend with me, obviously.. No one cares.. They have their lives..

It's ok to be shy, just smile and respond to people in a nice way. Try to befriend classmates, roommates, people who are in your groups or the same activities events, etc.

Don't fixate on anyone in particular like a "crush", just enjoy all sorts of interactions and if a guy you sorta like wants to hang out then see how that goes.

Thank you for your answer.. But the problem is, there are no interactions at all.. I don't talk to anyone and no one talks to me.. I always try to say "hi" but I don't see any result.. I only go to concerts, and I see some guys there, every time.. I want to be friend with them, so much, but no one wants to be friend with me, obviously.. No one cares.. They have their lives..

Archived