Gonna see a guy again and I don't know what he thinks of me

Kimchicat

So there's this guy I've met through a friend over the Internet about a year ago, he lives about 4 hours away and he spends most of his time playing video games, but so do I. We already met three times and even tho he told me he picks a girl up in a bar for a one night stand every once in a blue moon, he hasn't tried to make a move on me. I stayed at his place for about 5 days , we shared his couch and cuddled. He held my hand and said I made him stay home from uni one day coz he enjoyed spending time with me. In the off time tho, we barely talk, it's mostly just when I'm actually with him, which doesn't bother me as much, but I'm curious if he has any sort of feeling for me and I'm too afraid to just straight up ask, he usually gets kinda talkative after a couple of beers but otherwise doesn't get into the emotional stuff much. I don't just wanna straight up kiss him either coz I'm too afraid he's gonna reject me, especially since I'm staying for another week this time.

This might all seem childish but I hope anyone's having some sort of solution on how to approach this. Xoxo kimchicat

Picking up a girl in a bar for a one night stand is different then evolving into a relationship with someone. There are no feelings with those woman and not much respect. I would take it as a compliment he hasn't made a move yet. It sounds like he values you as a person and potential girlfriend.

I think you need to toss the fear of rejection out the window. If he isn't into you then at least you haven't wasted any more time with him. If he is into you then great! I really urge you to open that line of communication in order to get anywhere.

Good luck!

Lisa

We humans are so much influenced by our moods. You may feel you like someone so much at one time and the other time you don't want to see her. In a lasting relationship, you should be way above your moods and be able to control it. This guy tells you that he enjoys spending time with you because he's in the right mood of spending time with you. When he's not in mood to be with you, he goes to the girl in a bar. He communicates to you because he has gotten drunk. Communication is the basis of an excellent relationship. Look at him straight in the eyes and ask him what are his long-term plans for you, of which I barely see any. And you shouldn't be comfortable with one-night stand at all. It ruins relationships.

Yeah, I know he cares about me, we're friends in a way and it's fine to hang out. It's just more than that and we only see each other ever 2-3 months so there wasn't much time to go for anything real. I'm just afraid to approach him, I'd prolly have to get kind of drunk myself to make the move and ask him how he feels, I just don't want to seem desperate.

It sounds like he thinks of you as a friend. Since he talks about picking up girls in bars it doesn't sound like he wants a relationship. You could see where this goes but be prepared for hookups since he warned you that that is where he stands.

Getting drunk and blurting out that you like him may facilitate a hookup but not a relationship. He may also lose all respect for you as a friend for doing it that way.

I stayed at his place for about 5 days , we shared his couch and cuddled. In the off time tho, we barely talk

Archived