I feel like I am never going to get over this

jeepers

A year ago my ex broke up with me. He pushed everything to move extremely fast but i felt the same way even though I was nervous about it but as quickly as he moved things he was super quick to finish them to after he moved me in with him he bagged all of stuff in trash bags and said it was over. The problem with things ending the way they did was that before I left he told me to give him a call when I returned from a trip and that we could work things out. I couldn't get in touch with him and months later he would interact with me on social media and send me texts every once in while but it wouldn't lead anywhere and this drove me crazy and I got extremely depressed over it to the point where I couldn't function and started seeing a therapist. There isn't a day that goes by where it doesn't cross my mind but looking back on it that break up opened the doors to many powerful growth opportunities in my life and career. After the last time he contacted me I didn't think I would ever hear from him again but last month he started going a little crazy over my instagram and I chose not to react but then he took it a step further and sent me a text and i still didn't respond. He then sent another telling me he needed to talk to me. He told me that his mom has cancer and that he really needed someone to talk to and I figured that if he had treated other people the same way he treated me that I might be the only friend he had left and I told him that I would meet with him. I listened to him talk about it, I gave advice but I felt weird that I was the one he wanted to confide I asked him after all this time why are you coming to me with all of this I care for his family a great deal so it hard to feel connected to them again especially when they are going through something this difficult. He said that all of this has brought a lot into perspective and that he wanted another chance that he's always missed me and he was sorry. I wanted it to be true, I was well awhere that this could be a wild goose chase but I hoped for the best. I spent the night and he told me that he would see me again soon. I walked away hoping for the best. I didn't hear from him until 4 days later the waiting was hard but then he sent me a text about a picture that I had posted to instagram of me a restaurant with 2 other people. I am a yoga teacher and I go out to eat with my students from all of my classes once a month and one of his co workers at his restaurant is also one of my students. He told me that we could not see each other again because of this even though I had hung out with them before when we were dating. I told him that this didn't really make any sense but he never responded. It doesn't hurt like it used to and it doest consume me but the pain is real and is still there and Im worried that I will never be able to move forward. Ive received advice to block him completely but I can't bring myself to do it. I know I will be ok but after being so upset over unanswered questions and confiding in the same people who I'm sure do not want to hear about it anymore I feel best writing what Im feeling here maybe someone else had a similar experience. Thank you for taking the time to listen. Sometimes it just helps to talk about it.

Sorry to hear this but leopards don't change their spots. Why can't you block him, particularly now that he's tricked you yet again?

I spent the night and he told me that he would see me again soon.but then he sent me a text about a picture that I had posted to instagram of me a restaurant with 2 other people. He told me that we could not see each other again because of this. Ive received advice to block him completely but I can't bring myself to do it.

He's just a sociopath digging his fangs in to your empath neck and draining you white. He fed you the old 'my mother has cancer line' and it worked a treat. Unless you want to be seriously emotionally messed up by this tosser you have no option but to block him everywhere, and forever.

I still love the guy I know to let him go. But i try to look at it in the sense that I was strong enough to open a door to something that I felt strongly about and I think I am strong enough to leave it open. I know that what i felt for him was real our relationship was great minus the breakup and I think that true strength is the courage to leave it open because I still hope for the best, but to also go on with my life hopefully with time a patience a new door will open and this one will slowly fade away. Again thanks for your feedback I really do appreciate it.

You definitely have to let go. He has more than once led you to believe you guys could work on things and as soon as you give him the chance to do so he bails. He's too indecisive and you should be with someone who's 100% sure of their feelings and plans with you.

I also just recently experienced a break up (it's been a little over a month). I didn't go NC but LC. I saw him here and there and we text once in a while. I was extremely depressed for the first 4-5 weeks and now I'm ok honestly.

I suggest trying new hobbies. I've been reading books on finding inner happiness and I now meditate every day to practice letting go of negative thoughts (I also started to take yoga, yay!)

Give yourself time to grieve and don't give him the time of day anymore. Try writing a list of pros and cons about him. It could help.

Don't sell yourself short either. Remember your worth. Don't fall for his tricks anymore! Remain strong. Next time he wants to talk to you about something tragic tell him to talk to someone else.

Archived