Marie83

It has been 8 days. I'm seeing a therapist who asked me to write a letter. I still haven't finished and it is 7,000 words long. I missed my session because I did not sleep because I could not finish it in time. I am tempted because I am back in the college town we met. I still feel like we have unfinished business and I do not know if it is positive or not. I've been drinking and tailgating. I need courage to say nothing and be strong. It has only been 8 days.

Hi Marie, 8 days is still very raw from a breakup. You'll be going from feeling strong and not speaking to potentially breaking and contacting him. My advice to you is 100% stay strong and don't contact. Continue with your therapy. Breakups happen for a reason and at the minute your mind will likely only be focusing on the positive about your relationship & your ex. You need time to heal and trust me, getting into a situation with an ex by contacting them only leads to further confusion & hurt. You need to move on from the situation and contact will not help that. If it's meant to be then it will be but it's the universe that decides that not by you getting in touch with him. Stay strong, you can do it x

Go to therapy no matter what. The exercise was for you to write your thoughts down. Unfortunately drinking too much can make things worse. It's great to go out and socialize and party but don't drown in your sorrows.

I still haven't finished and it is 7,000 words long. I missed my session because I did not sleep because I could not finish it in time. I've been drinking and tailgating.

Archived