Weight Loss

I typically drink water BEFORE food, warm beverage AFTER food. no cold beverages with/before/after food. coffee works as a great digestion assistant so two cups a day after your biggest meals will do. running is a great way to lose weight quickly. 20 minutes a day 4-5 days a week. throw in light weight training with high repetitions on your off days from running and you will be golden by Jan.1. also check out bodybuilding.com great advice on proper work out routines

ps no sugars, or fats, no soda/pop. avoid at all costs! eat veggies and protein and leave 2 days a week for carb cycling (bread/pasta/rice/potato) with small portions and more on veggies and fruits and yogurt smoothies.

pps: target your weight training on your biggest areas first to get faster results. for example, if stomach is your first target, do more core weight training exercises. good indicator your work out is on track is if you sweat A LOT. meaning high repetitions! and schedule your week accordingly. commit to it and you will do wonders

What's your target weight? Why not join one of those support groups/diet clubs either a commercial one or in your community at a local hospital,etc?

What is your incentive for this particular amount on that particular day?

Any ideas for losing 40 pounds by January 1? Im at 210.

How tall are you? Do you have a good amount of muscle?

Agent's going off the wisdom of generally not wanting to exceed 1 - 1.5 pounds lost per week. You can get away with a bit more if you've got an exceptionally high body fat percentage, which is is why I ask the questions above.

But, speaking to the general person at 210 and wanting to hit 170 in less than three months? 40 pounds is perhaps "doable," but you'll likely destroy pretty much any lean body mass your body can afford to give up and, in the end, you'll most likely look less attractive than you would if you carried the extra weight. Not to mention, you'll be employing methods that aren't sustainable in the long-term and it's highly probable you'll put the weight right back on.

How tall are you? Do you have a good amount of muscle?

Agent's going off the wisdom of generally not wanting to exceed 1 - 1.5 pounds lost per week. You can get away with a bit more if you've got an exceptionally high body fat percentage, which is is why I ask the questions above.

But, speaking to the general person at 210 and wanting to hit 170 in less than three months? 40 pounds is perhaps "doable," but you'll likely destroy pretty much any lean body mass your body can afford to give up and, in the end, you'll most likely look less attractive than you would if you carried the extra weight. Not to mention, you'll be employing methods that aren't sustainable in the long-term and it's highly probable you'll put the weight right back on.

So what do i do for fast and permanent weight loss? I'm 5'5

In my opinion anyone who weighs 210 at 5'5 can lose the first 10 pounds very fast, in about 2/3 weeks. And thats not by starving oneself but simply eating normal healthy portions

After that you could steadily lose 2 lbs for the next 4 weeks then about 1 lb per week after that.

So yeah I'd say you could lose about 25 lbs .

Now how you do that is a different matter...First of all, do you know what you've been doing wrong?

In my opinion anyone who weighs 210 at 5'5 can lose the first 10 pounds very fast, in about 2/3 weeks. And thats not by starving oneself but simply eating normal healthy portions

After that you could steadily lose 2 lbs for the next 4 weeks then about 1 lb per week after that.

So yeah I'd say you could lose about 25 lbs .

Now how you do that is a different matter...First of all, do you know what you've been doing wrong?

Yea, eating junk, eating late, no water, no exercise! Everything! Lol

Yea, eating junk, eating late, no water, no exercise! Everything! Lol

Good so you know everything that has to change. Ask yourself everytime you eat, am I making a good decision? That doesn't mean that you can never eat junk but it means you eat junk like a slim person .. that is....occasionally. Drink water, if nothing else it keeps you focused and a bit fuller. Perhaps stop eating at 6pm. You're going to be hungry for the first 2 weeks because you are used to a lot more food. But as your stomach shrinks you'll feel less hungry and it will be easier. All my opinion.

• 2 months later...

Archived