Ask For Advice
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 22

Thread: Weight Loss

  1. #1
    NOSLIWEEB30
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    55
    Thanked
    26

    Weight Loss

    Any ideas for losing 40 pounds by January 1? Im at 210. Im doing the portion control and a gallon of water per day.

  2. #2
    agent
    Super Moderator agent's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    England
    Age
    34
    Posts
    10,427
    Gender
    Female
    Thanked
    1827
    Depends on how much you weigh now. My honest advice would be to follow portion control and aim for 15lbs by then.

  3. Thanks lostandhurt thanked for this post
  4. #3
    NOSLIWEEB30
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    55
    Thanked
    26
    Quote Originally Posted by agent [Register to see the link]
    Depends on how much you weigh now. My honest advice would be to follow portion control and aim for 15lbs by then.
    I weigh 210. Why only 15?

  5. #4
    lancelot873
    Silver Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    351
    Gender
    Male
    Thanked
    76
    I typically drink water BEFORE food, warm beverage AFTER food. no cold beverages with/before/after food. coffee works as a great digestion assistant so two cups a day after your biggest meals will do. running is a great way to lose weight quickly. 20 minutes a day 4-5 days a week. throw in light weight training with high repetitions on your off days from running and you will be golden by Jan.1. also check out bodybuilding.com great advice on proper work out routines

    ps no sugars, or fats, no soda/pop. avoid at all costs! eat veggies and protein and leave 2 days a week for carb cycling (bread/pasta/rice/potato) with small portions and more on veggies and fruits and yogurt smoothies.

    pps: target your weight training on your biggest areas first to get faster results. for example, if stomach is your first target, do more core weight training exercises. good indicator your work out is on track is if you sweat A LOT. meaning high repetitions! and schedule your week accordingly. commit to it and you will do wonders

  6. Thanks femaleanomaly thanked for this post
  7. #5
    Wiseman2
    Platinum Member Wiseman2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Cloud Nine
    Posts
    22,428
    Gender
    Male
    Thanked
    16623
    What's your target weight? Why not join one of those support groups/diet clubs either a commercial one or in your community at a local hospital,etc?

    What is your incentive for this particular amount on that particular day?
    Quote Originally Posted by NOSLIWEEB30 [Register to see the link]
    Any ideas for losing 40 pounds by January 1? Im at 210.

  8. Thanks NOSLIWEEB30, Hermes thanked for this post
  9. #6
    WithLove
    Platinum Member WithLove's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Florida
    Age
    27
    Posts
    2,303
    Gender
    Female
    Thanked
    1177
    Here's a thread I started about losing weight. Many people contributed great advice to it, so I hope you find some good ideas!

    [Register to see the link]

  10. Thanks Wiseman2, NOSLIWEEB30 thanked for this post
  11. #7
    j.man
    Platinum Member j.man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    7,678
    Thanked
    9341
    How tall are you? Do you have a good amount of muscle?

    Agent's going off the wisdom of generally not wanting to exceed 1 - 1.5 pounds lost per week. You can get away with a bit more if you've got an exceptionally high body fat percentage, which is is why I ask the questions above.

    But, speaking to the general person at 210 and wanting to hit 170 in less than three months? 40 pounds is perhaps "doable," but you'll likely destroy pretty much any lean body mass your body can afford to give up and, in the end, you'll most likely look less attractive than you would if you carried the extra weight. Not to mention, you'll be employing methods that aren't sustainable in the long-term and it's highly probable you'll put the weight right back on.

  12. #8
    NOSLIWEEB30
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    55
    Thanked
    26
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseman2 [Register to see the link]
    What's your target weight? Why not join one of those support groups/diet clubs either a commercial one or in your community at a local hospital,etc?

    What is your incentive for this particular amount on that particular day?
    A cruise ! My target is about 170.

  13. Thanks Wiseman2 thanked for this post
  14. #9
    NOSLIWEEB30
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    55
    Thanked
    26
    Quote Originally Posted by j.man [Register to see the link]
    How tall are you? Do you have a good amount of muscle?

    Agent's going off the wisdom of generally not wanting to exceed 1 - 1.5 pounds lost per week. You can get away with a bit more if you've got an exceptionally high body fat percentage, which is is why I ask the questions above.

    But, speaking to the general person at 210 and wanting to hit 170 in less than three months? 40 pounds is perhaps "doable," but you'll likely destroy pretty much any lean body mass your body can afford to give up and, in the end, you'll most likely look less attractive than you would if you carried the extra weight. Not to mention, you'll be employing methods that aren't sustainable in the long-term and it's highly probable you'll put the weight right back on.
    So what do i do for fast and permanent weight loss? I'm 5'5

  15. #10
    NOSLIWEEB30
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    55
    Thanked
    26
    Quote Originally Posted by WithLove [Register to see the link]
    Here's a thread I started about losing weight. Many people contributed great advice to it, so I hope you find some good ideas!

    [Register to see the link]
    Thank you love! How is the journey going?

  16.  

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Top Threads
Always feeling stressed. Need to find out what's going on.
Hi all. I'm suffering from something and I don't know what this is. I hope you can help me. Single 34 year old guy here feeling something he
Loose at least 20 pounds in a week and a half?
This probably a silly question but I'm going to Paris in a week and half and I would like to loose some weight before I go. I regret not being very

Expert Advice
Featured Threads
My boyfriend doesn't text me as much anymore?
My boyfriend would text me everyday all day and now he won't text me first anymore or at all sometimes. Last night he stopped replying to my text so
Is she the rebound
If he leaves a 17 year relationship to date his High School Sweetheart from 32 years ago, is she a rebound ?
I want to break NC after almost 2 months to invite my ex gf to a concert
We have been in NC for almost 2 months after being together for 6 years. She stopped responding to a text i sent her. I saw she was interested in
Online dating, and why it doesn't work well for most men
We discussed this before, and for some reason people got personal and mean about it. So I have no intention of returning to this thread, but I wanted
PLEASE HELP, boyfriend talks to mom 4-5 times per day, very odd relationship....
Hi guys, Always been hesitant to post my personal business online. Anyways... here it goes... So my boyfriend is amazing...(just to throw this
Hurtful joking
My bf jokes about things that are very hurtful. Today was probably one of the most hurtful. He tried to grab my breasts and he does this a lot. He's
He dumped me and won't return my stuff
So I was seeing a guy for a short amount of time. Out of the blue....he blocked me? Fair enough, I get the message, I think it's rude but
Ask For Advice

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •