Asks me out, and then is a no-show

fabact

Men, men, men, please explain this to me! I meet a guy, he texts me, asks me out. Gets sick last week (as did I too) and he had to reschedule. We reschedule for Tuesday (today) and then Tuesday comes around, and he disappears. I texted at 2 pm "hey, we still on for tonight?" Not a peep. I just KNOW he got my text.

So here's my question. What's the thrill of standing someone up. Really, seriously. Why does a man not even text to cancel? There has to be a reason why...

Btw, I'm a successful, attractive woman. I know not all men are like this, but I'm trying understand why? What's the deal with standing someone up?

It was good that you sent that text to confirm! I always make sure to send something like that the day before or morning of ... and it's awesome when the other person does it first.

He's a flake. I'd block him. By not responding, he doesn't have to deal with cancelling or thinking of what to say to you. He took the easy way with no regards to you -- what a coward. People with maturity don't do that.

Mann! People on here are harsh!

The day isn't over it. That's good that you sent a text, but now it's time to call for confirmation?

I can understand that you know he got your text, but do you know if he read it?

There is no thrill in standing someone up, that you haven't gone out with before? And you answered your own question on "why does a man not even text to cancel?" Well? Your just going to have to wait on him to answer on "why?"

Good luck!

Well, I did have one girl not answer my "are we still on tonight?" text one time, immediately thought she blew me off and I moved on, the next morning she explained she had a car accident and she had shown interest in meeting up. We then rescheduled. Things like that are always possible. Surprises happen.

Maybe he is looking for a new relationship.. looking at different dating sites etc. Maybe someone came up who he thought was a better match for him ( profile wise ) , and chickened out about how to tell you, and hoped you would get the message if he ignored you.

Either way... no... most men don't get any type of thrill from standing someone up, but the evidence would suggest he doesn't want you enough for there to be a relationship between you two.

Mann! People on here are harsh!

The day isn't over it. That's good that you sent a text, but now it's time to call for confirmation?

I can understand that you know he got your text, but do you know if he read it?

There is no thrill in standing someone up, that you haven't gone out with before? And you answered your own question on "why does a man not even text to cancel?" Well? Your just going to have to wait on him to answer on "why?"

Good luck!

The girl already texted him, and you now expect her to call him?

If this guy was interested he would have confirmed the date. She shouldn't have to chase him!

Was this from a dating app? Unfortunately this never even got off the ground so it sounds like he's a number collector and juggling a lot of multi-dating, not very reliable. What will you do when you hear from him?

I meet a guy, he texts me, asks me out. Gets sick last week and he had to reschedule.Tuesday comes around, and he disappears. I texted at 2 pm "hey, we still on for tonight?" Not a peep.
Men, men, men, please explain this to me! I meet a guy, he texts me, asks me out. Gets sick last week (as did I too) and he had to reschedule. We reschedule for Tuesday (today) and then Tuesday comes around, and he disappears. I texted at 2 pm "hey, we still on for tonight?" Not a peep. I just KNOW he got my text.

So here's my question. What's the thrill of standing someone up. Really, seriously. Why does a man not even text to cancel? There has to be a reason why...

Btw, I'm a successful, attractive woman. I know not all men are like this, but I'm trying understand why? What's the deal with standing someone up?

Sorry, this happens all the time to both genders. Know one knows but him. I can only speculate, which doesn't help, so I won't.

The girl already texted him, and you now expect her to call him?

If this guy was interested he would have confirmed the date. She shouldn't have to chase him!

I understand your argument. But how do you know if he's not interested? Things can happen that can put your mind in the clouds. And it goes both ways? You can either call (because you don't know if he read your text?) as a last chance! (So if he doesn't respond back? Then you know that he was a waste of your valuable time!) or sit there and stare at your phone, wondering why he can't just take 1-2mins to reply back?!

The date ways confirmed for Tuesday! (Do to illness from both sides, from the first set date) She just wanted a heads up!

Don't let your ego ruin FairPlay. At least open a window that will close by your set desire?

If he responds back? You get to decide the faith. If he doesn't? Then it is what it is? And move on.

This has happened to me few times. We would agree to go out on a date. But when I tried calling him to confirm or finalize plans, he wouldn't answer or return my calls.. People may do this due to a variety of reasons. Cold feet, met someone they liked better, they were married or in a relationship, not serious about dating to begin with, not that interested etc. But either way it rude, inconsiderate and a major character flow. I don't give second chances unless it's a REALLY good excuse (accident, house fire, sudden death lol)

I wouldn't even bother ever talking to him again. Good luck in future but please not with this guy

Well, I did have one girl not answer my "are we still on tonight?" text one time, immediately thought she blew me off and I moved on, the next morning she explained she had a car accident and she had shown interest in meeting up. We then rescheduled. Things like that are always possible. Surprises happen.

Yeah, I might go that direction…a car accident, paralyzed, amnesia, a death in the family. Or life got crazy, he's still sick, has a girlfriend, etc. All meaning no dating until further notice, if any. Sorry it happened, but trying to find an explanation is an exercise in imagination. Only he knows, but the results are the same. "Next".

I think 1-2% of the time, it might be something genuine like that (car accident, death in family, some other emergency). Most of the time though, i think they're just being jerks when they ghost you.

Right, but drama works too if we're going to be imagining anything. Ah, shoot, another one hit by a bus!

There is no thrill in standing someone up and there isnt any need to overthink and use up your own energy for someone that doesnt even have the energy to reply back to you. Its just bad manners.

People can change their minds. Their feelings too. Its not men. I have had women do this to me too but I now chalk it up. They are just not into you, thats all.

He could of had at least some sort of deceny to reply and say he had changed but why worry about someone who isnt treating you right from day one.

Archived