I have been married for just over 7 years first off and we have 3 kids. we have been through a lot together from moving to deployments to taking care of our children, we even had a nasty fight that ended in us being divorced for 3 months but we got back together. I used to be into lots of weman before her and now I feel... Well I feel good and I love her and my kids but I think I am missing walking by a girl who is hot and I want to be able to flirt but I cant.... I feel like our marriage is steady I mean it has its upps and downs but I feel like we're stuck in a rut on being boring. We have sex and still have moments but I'm tired of working my ass off and her getting mad when I want to pay off my debts so I can get a degree and a better job.. Sometimes I feel like the world is boring too like we're all waiting to die having to deal with all this extra e along the way... Does anyone ever. Feel like this, like maybe we just aren't meant to be married or like if you had an easy way out of life like cancer you would just not get treatment and let it end? I feel like I would be depressed and like a bag if I leave my wife and kids I'm not talking about abandoning I would still help take care of them but at the same time, I want to have more fun and experiences before my time is up???

So what's stopping you from spicing things up? You know get a babysitter or ask family to take care of the kids for a bit and you two go on vacation, travel, day trip, go skydiving, DO something. You can leave, but you can't run away from yourself and the fact that YOU have turned into a routine and a bore. Fix yourself before you blame your marriage or talk about wrecking that so you can flirt with some passing hot chic who is liable to look at you in disgust and tell you off. Oh and young hot chicks aren't exactly lining up to date a divorcee with 3 kids. Sorry dude, but you have a good life so make the best of it. The rest of the world has to work every single day too. You aren't a special martyr.

Just reiterating the others. All other future partners, no matter how sexy or interesting or appealing, will eventually become boring. It is up to you to make your life more exciting. And if you have a good partner, it's worth exploring this now with her instead of prematurely giving something up.

“Show me a beautiful woman and I’ll show you a man that’s tired of f---- her"

"Marriage is eating together while watching HGTV until you die"

I don't mean to sound so hum drum with both or either statements.

The commonality here is that you are boring. That's right. Try new things with your wife - food, things in the bedroom, new places, activities. Go volunteer with your kids and wife. Try out new recipes once a week.

Figure out a budget, and what you expenses you can minimize, where you can save, what you can sell. Cuz no, you can't work every single waking moment - enjoy time with your kids.

Can she get a part-time job off hours, while you watch the kids?

Archived