I'm 23 yrs old my ex girl friend is 21, we have a two year old daughter. we have been living together for almost the past 2 years now and have before that been going out on and off an extra 2 years. before we started going out we were best friends that know everything about each other's past.

Ps I forgot to say that we did argue allot aswell.. l the sayin when it was good it was good a when bad it was bad..

You are trying to control things that are out of your hands. You can't force your girlfriend to come back and give you another chance. You don't get to decide who your ex dates or what she does with him.

Think less about what she is doing and more about improving yourself. You argued and fought and the resentment built up as a result. She didn't leave because you had a car accident. She left because of all the problems in the relationship. The car accident was just a catalyst.

You can't go no contact because she's the mother of your child, but you can minimize the content of your contact, talking only about parenting & visits rather than about your past relationship.

Talk to a therapist if you can, and stop dwelling on things you can't control. Focus on healing, and on being a good father.

You have to do what is right for you and your daughter. You will always have a tie with your ex because of your daughter - and your ex also has to realise that and there is, in theory, nothing she can do about it, unless you've given her good reason to ban you from contact with her. As for her new BF having contact with your daughter? There's not a lot you can do about that either.... unless again, you have reason to believe there shouldn't be.

So, you have to get some legal advice, do what is right for both you and your child and ensure you don't come across as the bad guy - especially in front of your daughter.

So you also think I should leave it alone, back off, don't call her no more unless it's about our child and also if she calls or text don't reply unless it's about our kid?

Shouldn't be giving of the vibe that I want things to work out between us anymore?

Yes. It won't be easy, but it will help you say sane.

All you can do is get yourself together emotionally, financially, job-wise and housing, childcare-wise the best you can and petition for custody. As unwise as it seems she can live with whomever he wants and she can have and see her daughter.

Are you repaying her for the car regularly? Keep in mind she can sue you if you fall behind, so don't play around with that it won't bode well if you are seeking the most possible amount of custody to have debt defaults.

Agree with the above posters to keep communications about your child and consult an attorney of you dislike her living choices.

Thanks allot for the help to everyone who replied. For a bit now iv been thinking it is best if I just back off and focus on me. That's what I'm going to do. As hard as it is I'm not going to contact her unless it's about our child. I feel like iv come to peace with it now anyways.. she lost out on something good. Once again thanks for all the feed back

• 2 weeks later...

I'm 23 I have a daughter with my ex, she's 21, I dauther is 2, we've been dating for 4yrs and living together for 2. Iv been trying to get her back. Way to desoretly but I really want her back , coming to the end of it she started seeing another man, she left the house I night I heard her in the room talking to him n moved out one month later that's her new boyfriend, I feel destroyed and very angry n sad inside. I don't know what to do and am going crazy, how could she do this to me of all people. Iv been through so much with her n she treats me like .. I want to cut off all communication with her unless it strictly about our child but even that I feel is hard I call her multiple times to get her to pick up . I just want absolutely no contact with her arrange a time where I can have my daughter and that's it, have her go through someone else so we don't see each other at all, change my number and really resist any contact. I don't know tho. I'm really hear and really. She is moving on so quickly and not even giving us a chance to work. Even feel like she is trying to replace me as the father by having this guy meet my dauther after knowing him only a montg and saying she only did it cause that's what comes along with her.. I'm very upset n sad n depressed I need help

Archived