Its been ages since we split up with my ex and i have no hard feelings left whatsover. We renewed our communication a year ago, its been online one as we live in different countries now. We have been toying with the idea to meet up after so many years for a while now, and its been funny. There was one time this spring we almost arranged a plan for him to visit me but he dissappeared. I got really upset as i was looking forward to it and went no contact. Its been a second time since he sort of tested waters again to see if im up for a meeting without any explanation or apology about the cancelled plan in spring.

But this time i acted very casually about it, once burned twice shy sort of thing.

And the last time we spoke he told me again that he was already to come and i blew him off! I got pissed off and asked him why this time was different from the last time he dissapeared on me and he never replied.

I dont have any hopes for reconciliation whatsoever i treat him as a friend now. But i just dont get him what the fck is on his mind.

Why keep allowing someone to play with your emotions who is obviously not serious about you or any kind of reconciliation? He more than likely is bored the times he gets a hold of you or has had a fight with a girlfriend or is in a dating rut, but then when things are good again, he tosses you. Do you really want to be a back up?

Even a friend would not treat you this way. Block him and move on.

The last bit of advice I will give you that was given to me when I considered a past relationship.."Don't go backwards, it doesn't work and you will be trying to rehash something that did not work"...and it's true, it ended for a reason, trying to make it into something is was or used to be, is very difficult and why move in the wrong direction? Much better to meet someone new and start fresh.

Do you think there is any wisdom in random hookups with an ex when/if he rolls through town?

It would be best to go no contact and block him For Good rather than continually entertain this idea that you are "friends", chatting and talking about hooking up if he decides to roll into town. It's getting you upset repeatedly, why bother?

There was one time this spring we almost arranged a plan for him to visit me but he dissappeared. And the last time we spoke he told me again that he was already to come and i blew him off! I got pissed off

Archived