Someone with more experience than me, please help.

peachbomb

I had a stage where i slept around for a little bit. on one of these romps, my partner came inside me.

it was the same day my period ended, and my period tends to be irregular, but i've never had a cycle shorter than 35-40 days.

now i'm having trapped wind, migraines and nausea. it's been 29 days since i last had unprotected sex, and a pregnancy test i took today showed up negative.

can anyone let me know what the odds are of conceiving with a cycle like mine, on the day that intercourse took place? and if i can trust the pregnancy test result?

(the test was taken first thing in the morning)

thanks so much.

Absolutely no idea. But it could be one of several things as to why you're feeling like this...

1. Stress

2. STI

3. Pre-Menstrual

4. Pregnant.

I would suggest you go to your GP and get checked over. I would also suggest using protection when having sex - you can end with all sorts of unwanted things, some of which can last a lifetime - and I'm not just talking about babies X

You need to go to a doctor/clinic not only to get a more accurate pregnancy test but to get tested for sexually transmitted diseases and appropriate birth control counselling. Use protection for random hookups.

I had a stage where i slept around for a little bit. on one of these romps, my partner came inside me.

now i'm having trapped wind, migraines and nausea.

If your cycle is that long, it's not likely. Even if you were trying to get pregnant and you timed sex just right, the chances are still only about 20%. Sperm can only live inside you for about 5 days, meaning you would've had to ovulate between day 8 and 13. Again, with a cycle 35-40 days, not likely. Chances are better that you're not pregnant. (I'm a nurse, and I'm TRYING to conceive)

But statistics only go so far. You're gonna have to wait this one out to know for sure. Good luck.

it was the same day my period ended, and my period tends to be irregular, but i've never had a cycle shorter than 35-40 days.

now i'm having trapped wind, migraines and nausea. it's been 29 days since i last had unprotected sex, and a pregnancy test i took today showed up negative.

can anyone let me know what the odds are of conceiving with a cycle like mine, on the day that intercourse took place? and if i can trust the pregnancy test result?

(the test was taken first thing in the morning)

thanks so much.

Everyone is different. You had unprotected sex - your odds of conceiving are as high as anyone who has unprotected sex who isn't infertile.

If you took a negative test, wait a few days. Is your period late? How long since your last period? I found out I was pregnant at six weeks but the first test was negative. Three days later positive. But I was like a couple weeks late I think.

If it's been awhile and you haven't had your period and you have negative tests go to the doctor. It could be stress. Sometimes that causes imbalances in periods.

Archived