Open Club  ·  86 members  ·  Free

Off Topic

Whatever Happened to.....

Ebullition

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've been worried about Mhowe for awhile now, I know her and her husband traveled extensively and recently got a boat. Her advice was always spot on she helped me tremendously...I think she must've voluntarily left as I had messaged her in the past but suddenly her account wasn't accepting messages..hope she is well

To be honest, I don't get the draw to mhowe. I found her to be abrasive, judgy and sometimes downright snotty. I get that there's "tough love", but I remember one time she made some snide remark about people posting their problems here - almost implying they were dumb issues. I don't like people who talk down to others.

Then again, I was away much of the time she was here so maybe I caught her at a bad time.

I do miss DN & DoF (run Forrest run!). Waveseer, too.

Mhowe was one of the best posters on here. She was bluntly honest and I always love that. No guesswork on what she was trying to say. I wish more people were like that in real life. She was a gem and I hope she's okay.

To be honest I agreed until the last few months, I felt like something personal was going on in her life..

she commented on one of the threads which almost made me consider leaving this site for good.

it wasn't anything awful, just her approach to it.

MHowe and her husband were off to Europe around this time last year. Maybe they decided to stay over here!

do you keep in contact with..ummm idk her name on her but Jen I think? I see through mutual friends on fb but haven't talked to her in a while?

I know she went through some tough times without getting into details.

I like to think if someone's not here anymore it's because their life got so awesome they don't need us anymore.

I was on here back when I was 17/18 (I'm 30 now), took a break for MANY (like a decade) years and came back when I got into an abusive "relationship" (if you can call it that).

I'm in a healthy relationship now and am considering taking a break from ENA. I feel like this site puts thoughts of my partner possibly cheating or betraying me in my head due all the posts about people not seeing the cheating or betrayal coming.

But for now I'm here trying to help people leave bad situations like I was in and to see what GIFs and videos Wiseman is posting. 😂

To be honest I agreed until the last few months, I felt like something personal was going on in her life..

she commented on one of the threads which almost made me consider leaving this site for good.

it wasn't anything awful, just her approach to it.

Same. I was about to leave because of her and one other person who was completely tactless responding to me regarding something.

But mhowe:

"It is about "new" people asking questions that if you spent 2 hours reading, you would have your answer. It is about thinking that your special situation is sooo different, when it is not...that we have to read 7 paragraphs of stuff to find that your bf/gf did the exact same thing that has been discussed 1000x here."

Like get off your high horse or don't bother reading. If people just came on here and read there'd be no community. Peoples' issues here are important to THEM and I would encourage them to post here even IF it's been asked 1,000x before. People like to feel heard and want to vent, unique situation or not. That's the kind of attitude I hate here.

If this forum were to ever get broken down into schools of thought, I'd probably get thrown into the Mhowe camp.

Personally, I love her... probably more than a taken man should. When both her and pippy were gone, I was lost.

She was concise and blunt, sometimes to the point of abrasiveness, but I rarely saw it where it wasn't merited. I think the vast, vast, vast majority of posts on here have some value and at different stages of someone's recovery process. It's very, very rare that I'll consider someone's advice "bad advice." In my view, her advice probably came more in handy toward the later stages, when people are more able to consider the real meat of matters. Which, to me, is fine. There are plenty of other posters providing more consolatory advice... plus it does give a chance for people who are more open to objective reflection to kinda skip a couple steps.

I think, in general, people on here give sound and straight-talking advice. This is definitely not a "there, there, dear" forum.

The truth is not always palatable, but I feel giving an honest answer is the height of real consideration for the person seeking advice/support/ ideas. And, I feel that, again in general, persons coming on here for said advice do in fact appreciate the clarity of thought put into the answers they are getting. IMO.

LOL I realize that, but this is at least the 2nd time you've posted specifically about reconciliation stories, was just curious what the obsession was about. Maybe "obsession" isn't the right word.

That's awesome! Borges is one of my faves. I have just recommended a coworker to read The New Refutation of Time. Glad to see a fellow Borges fan prowling ENA

Archived