So for the past few weeks, my now ex & I have been really rocky due to the fact that I just do not trust him at all and have every right not to. He's put me through a lot even cheated a number of times and though there have been many instances where we'd be on the verge of a breakup and somehow make up, I feel like i've made up my mind this time. This past weekend, he called me at 2 am after we'd been fighting & told me someone wrecked his car. I went to him and cared for him (he was drunk) as a girlfriend should do but I had so many questions that he refused to answer. The next morning, I saw that he had scratches on his face. At that point I was just lost in my thoughts and didn't know what to believe. I distanced myself from him again and the morning after that I just went and changed my number. It's been about 5 days since we've spoken because I haven't given him my new number and I don't use social media. I have nobody to talk to and just want someone to tell me if I took it too far by changing my number without warning or if I did the right thing for myself...thx I'm desperate!

You did 100% the right thing... cheating once is bad enough, but a number of times...? height of disrespect in my book. You sound areally nice-natured and caring person, but people can take advantage of that... good on you for taking a stand and showing self respect... and if he tries to worm his way in again, tell him to hit the bricks.

Seriously, well done you

Agree with the posters above, well done and do everything it takes to get this drunken, cheating headache out of your life for good.

he called me at 2 am after we'd been fighting & told me someone wrecked his car. I went to him and cared for him (he was drunk) I had so many questions that he refused to answer. the morning after that I just went and changed my number.

When you find the strength to stop talking to your X, then you will feel better because you will be dis connecting from him. The beautiful thing about being an X is that you no longer have to care. Care broke down? Call a tow truck.. Get into an accident? Call 911. Need a ride because you are drunk.. Call a cab or your parents. Whatever problems your X is having, they are his and his alone and shouldnt matter to you. I know you want to help but you have to start cutting the cord.

He still needs you more than you need him. Dont let him use you again. And oh, dont worry about your new number, he will get it from someone you mutually know.

I guess it just hurts and bothers me to know someone that I love is struggling. I fail to think about myself and end up not even seeing that he's hurting me intentionally. I was so loyal to him and he'd randomly accuse me of cheating then go missing for anywhere up to 3 days then come back and tell me he's "so happy to see me and sorry for lashing out". Definitely was blinded by my love for him but I know this man never loved me. I'm only 21. I'm glad I went through this at an early age..

Well, you now know the signs. Question is.. did you learn from them? You can go thru this exact same thing over again if you see the signs but decide to go thru with it anyway. You seem really smart and in tuned with your feelings. Just remember that you control your happiness. You are the one that develops your picture of life. Men... we only add to your happiness not make it.

Your X will find someone who will feel sorry for him or want to save him, but that is no longer your job. Let him grow up.

Archived