Tremendous Anxiety and sadness in the noon period everyday.

Hello guys,

I've been feeling awful with anxiety over the past month or so. It especially peaks around 1:30-2 in the noon and goes on tilll 5-6 in the evening. I have thoughts about my loved ones dying, of there is no hope, of me being a failure in life, guilt of having emotionally hurt people, tremendous nervousness, a feeling of loneliness and a knot in the stomach, everyday at the same period. I am going to a Psychologist in a few days, but in my one previous session, I was told I have anxiety disorder. I do get startled easily and have had a few panic attacks in the past couple weeks, with heart palpitations, muscle tension, a burning sensation in the ears, jaw, tingling in the arms and legs and great restlessness. But it is this time around 2-6 that is most troublesome with tremendous sadness and grief, especially over loved ones dying and how I would react to it in the future. Anyone else has experienced it? I've just been given Trika 0.5 once a night with a B-complex presently.

Jacob, I do feel you will benefit greatly from the sessions with the counsellor over this severe anxiety. Anxiety is so very common, and all too often it is not even about some event in particular but rather about things which you cannot even foretell or are not even going to happen.

Visualization can help a lot, as can breathing exercises, and also regular physical exercise. can make an amazing difference.

You mention the time of day. this is sometimes referred to as the "noon-day devil", or "desidia" a kind of inertia or apathy. So maybe it is precisely during those hours that you could concentrate most on being as active as you can.

All the best.

Continue your medical and psychological treatments. Do you drink or use other drugs? You need a work up by a physician to rule out physical causes such as metabolic or neurological or cardiac issues. Benzodiazepines are addicting so try to get to the root cause of your problems, such as depression,etc.

Work on developing a healthy life-style that includes a healthy diet and regular sleeping and eating and exercise habits.

Hello guys,I've been feeling awful with anxiety over the past month or so. I am going to a Psychologist in a few days, but in my one previous session, I was told I have anxiety disorder. I've just been given Trika 0.5 once a night with a B-complex presently.
...Related situation?

No I don't drink or use drugs...I do however a constant fear of losing loved ones, low self-esteem, guilt, exhaustion, over-sensitivity, plenty of negative thinking and bad associations of objects, people with negative experiences. I also carry a lot of trauma and all these keeps me anxious all the time

Hi. I struggle with anxiety too. It's awful. There must be some reason you experience a peak during the same hours every day. With myself, I know that I'm waaay more prone to anxiety when I haven't gotten enough sleep or when I've gone too long without eating. Maybe you experience an energy slump during those hours which causes you to feel "off," and then your mind signals to you that something is "wrong" and the anxiety spirals from there. That happens to me sometimes, because I'm overly sensitive and aware of any slight changes in how I'm feeling physically or emotionally. I'm not sure if I'm making sense - but if you've felt this too, then you'll know what I'm talking about. It may be that, or something else that is causing you to have the anxiety at the same time each day. I think if you can pinpoint the trigger, you can make needed adjustments (for example, a quick nap, or eating something, or exercising, or whatever offsets the trigger).

So sorry that you're dealing with this. It makes life difficult, that's for sure! But you're not alone - like Hermes said, it's a very common issue. Hugs.

Thank you so much. My BP is 150/100 and Pulse rate is 110/min. Have been given betaloc 25. I don't know if its due to the panic attack or the high BP is making me more jittery and panicky. Have been asked to update after 5 days. Let's see how things are then. Thanks so much for your comforting words.

It's unclear why you haven't consulted a physician to address these dangerous physical signs. It's strange they haven't referred you to a cardiologist for an appropriate workup.

It's sad you think all these findings are "anxiety", when in fact these are abnormal and dangerously high physical findings. A talk therapist can not prevent a stroke by "talking about anxiety".

My BP is 150/100 and Pulse rate is 110/min. Have been given betaloc 25.

Archived