What is she saying?

rAiNTwist

Hey all,

New to this forum so sorry if this isn't in the correct place. I've was talking to this girl at my school last year in chemistry. She seemed kind of into me, but she's a cheerleader so I don't know if she was flirting with me or just being... you know... one of those. So today I texted her, and said "we should go to lunch sometime" (this wasn't my opening statement) She said "yeah, sometime". What does that mean? And how should I respond?

Ughh... texting. You have a better chance at predicting a long range forecast with your finger up in the air, then you do trying to decipher via text if a girl is interested in you.

Next time, call her or ask her out in person. That way you can read her tone, look at her body language to determine if she's interested.

Now you can do two things. Wait to see how the texting goes. OR next time you see her (i.e. in chemistry) ask her then. If she pauses, stumbles on her words, looks up to her right, then she's trying to make something up. Don't just rely on her eyes though. Look at her body language, her wording etc.

If she comes right out and says, "yea, that sounds great." or "I'm busy that day, but how about the following day?" (something along those lines) then you're golden.

If however she says anything else, then it's best you move on.

We're here for you. Good luck.

Ughh... texting. You have a better chance at predicting a long range forecast with your finger up in the air, then you do trying to decipher via text if a girl is interested in you.

Next time, call her or ask her out in person. That way you can read her tone, look at her body language to determine if she's interested.

Now you can do two things. Wait to see how the texting goes. OR next time you see her (i.e. in chemistry) ask her then. If she pauses, stumbles on her words, looks up to her right, then she's trying to make something up. Don't just rely on her eyes though. Look at her body language, her wording etc.

If she comes right out and says, "yea, that sounds great." or "I'm busy that day, but how about the following day?" (something along those lines) then you're golden.

If however she says anything else, then it's best you move on.

We're here for you. Good luck.

Yeah I rarely ever see her now, because we don't have the same classes this year. And it would be real weird to call her because it's just to lunch at school(not at the school). It's not like a dinner date or anything.

You mentioned she's a cheerleader. Do you ever go to any of the football games? Could you talk to her after a game?

I know phone calls are more of a archaic method of communicating these days, so how about a text like "hey a bunch of us are grabbing lunch and eating at such and such location. You're more than welcome to join us."

Hopefully a group setting will alleviate any uncomfortableness.

Good luck.

You mentioned she's a cheerleader. Do you ever go to any of the football games? Could you talk to her after a game?

I know phone calls are more of a archaic method of communicating these days, so how about a text like "hey a bunch of us are grabbing lunch and eating at such and such location. You're more than welcome to join us."

Hopefully a group setting will alleviate any uncomfortableness.

Good luck.

Yeah I used to go to a lot of our games, but we have been on a loosing streak since my freshman year. So I don't want to go to watch us loose But yeah, that's a good idea.

So you texted her to ask to meet her for lunch, she said "sometime" and.............. what? You let it drop at that. This isn't a philosophy class to ponder the meaning of things. You need to learn to close. So the follow up is something like "Great! How about (day)?" If she returns with a vague response by not agreeing to any day nor suggest an alternate. There is your answer. She isn't interested. If she agrees or offers an alternate day, it's a green light. Keep things simple, no philosophy class needed.

Archived