Friends?

devinefaith

Has anyone ever been able to be friends with someone they were involved with in the past. It seems like impossible. I Tried to be friends with my ex that I dated when I was 19 for the first two years after our relationship was over epic fail. I Thought I could do it with my first the one I talked about on my previous post and I had to cutt off communication because it bringing up painful memories of the past and was interfering with my moving on process. I even had a guy that I hadn't spoke to in 4 years who I briefly dated reach out to me and mind you I never had any serious feelings for him and I had to kind of cut him off as well he was starting to act weird and he just got out of an engagement.

I don't stay friends with exes. The first ex we ended on a bad note! My last ex he just can't handle any type of interpersonal relationship with anybody! I don't believe in staying friends unless you can be platonic which is doubtful. Even if you are over them there is still jealousy when either one of you moves on which complicates things.

Archived