I'm broken and got no more fight left in me

Topsy9994

Okay so this is to a long one, also first time iv posted.

Been with partner for 3 and a half years, we have a 2 year old and another on the way. Things wasn't right, I had a gut feeling something was wrong, so I went on his phone and he had been messaging my best friend, talking dirty to each other and arranging to meet up. (apparently they didn't) I was so broken, pregnant and hormonal and decided to give him another chance if things changed. For example not spending all his time on his phone, finishing work early enough to see our son before bed. We'll things were great for a week then went back to how they was. He sits on one sofa I sit on the other, he don't look up from his phone. Carries it everywhere, hardly in the house and when he is he makes any excuse to get out. Now I'm not a easy person, I suffered postnatal depression after having our son, was a very ruff ride for him and since then iv become very unsocial and have had anxiety, so I don't like mixing with people. Well I had it out with him the other night and he told me it's my hormones and I make no sense. I don't know if it's me been a total cow and been paranoid making issues out of nothing or wether it is him. Either way I'm broken and I don't think we can repair this at all but I'm so scared to be on my own, pregnant with another baby. I do love him so much but I think we have drifted so much we both want different things now, he has said his business comes first and I want to be a family.. But he just wants to work all the hours he physically can. Iv tried for over a year to make things right, but I don't think I have anymore fight left in me. I just feel for our son as he loves it when we are all together. Sorry for the long post x

Topsy, you have to do what's right for you. Years ago I was in a similar position, with post natal depression though my partners other love was alcohol, even though he said everything was "my fault" and I was the one who needed to get help (for the depression).... Even though I wanted to get help, I wasn't in the right place to do it and just needed support from him, which was never going to happen, tbh. You have to do what's right for you and your son and your one on the way. You shouldn't stay together for the sake of your children - from experience it doesn't work and your children may not thank you in the long run. Do you have family you can go to? Are you able to talk to them? Is there someone else you could talk to - friends, a counsellor? Either way, you need to talk to someone about this, who will listen to and support you. So what if you're hormonal? You're pregnant and have mental health issues - he should be more understanding. So, that's it really. Sending you huge hugs. Hope you feel brighter soon XX

Thank you hun, I have spoke to family who think I should leave. I'm seen a counciler Tuesday, thankyou for replying. I know what I should do. I did pack his bag the other day, but he turned it all round to be my fault so I felt guilty and backed out. Sorry to hear you have been through a similar situation xx

Phone sex with your best friend is due to his hormones not yours.

It would be best to focus on the family and the relationship get some counseling for yourself and get as much support as you can from family, friends, etc. Also join some groups for mothers, pregnancy etc.

I went on his phone and he had been messaging my best friend, talking dirty to each other and arranging to meet up.

Making issues out of nothing? Excuse me... HE has been the one cheating on you! yes.. that's what he is doing.. acting out that way towards your friend.

If you're not happy with someone, respectfully admit it and move on.. do not cheat/lie, etc...

Move on you should. He shows low lack of empathy & respect within your relationship.

Sorry you're going thru this.. I do find it pathetic.

Archived