Is it normal to still be in shock after a month?

It's been about a month since my first serious boyfriend broke up with me. We were together for a year, and I know a year isn't that long but we went through a lot in that year. He had a huge impact on my life, and was there for me through some rough times. I honestly believed we would be together for a very long time, if not forever. We both believed that! We discussed our future together and we both believed if soulmates exist, we were soulmates. I truly felt like we were meant to be and that we were a perfect match for each other in every way. We were both so similar and when we met we clicked instantly...we fell for each other rather fast, and started dating only a week or so after we met but it just felt right to us. Anyway, he broke up with me because he just wasn't feeling it anymore and ultimately I recently figured out our main problem was that we were too in love to realize that the both of us weren't happy with our relationship anymore. The break up ended well at first but then we got into a fight (our first fight ever) and now I'd consider the break up to have ended on bad terms. He's didn't handle the break up in a mature manner at all (he flat out ignored me for a whole week before he told me he wanted to break up...and I had to basically drag it out of him as well because he wouldn't talk to me!) Then after that there was a lot of ignoring and miscommunication and it was a huge mess. I don't know why but every once in a while, I'll wake up in the morning and I'll still be in shock...like I can't believe he left me, and that he's been ignoring me for weeks. I can't believe the person I talked to every single day for a year, someone who I thought would give me the world, can now just ignore me like it's nothing! Is this normal...? Even after a month to still be in shock over what's happen?

*Also as of now we are not in contact (like I said he's been ignoring me and I've stopped trying to talk to him weeks ago) and I've unfollowed/unfriended him on every social media so I don't see him at all anymore.

I dont think being in shock has a time limit. It usually passes over time and things get better. One day you will just realise that you dont feel that way.

As for the ignoring and not talking, I have to say this is how I ended up with a previous relationship, we still havnt spoke after all of these years and I have no intention of speaking to her either, I have moved on.

Anyway, you just have to struggle on, each day will get better and one day it will be behind you.

As hard and as shocking as it is, sometimes there are no answers as to why people behave the way they do. You think you know someone then "Wham" they do something SO unexpected it knocks you for six. I think this is one of those times where you have to move on without thinking too much. People change and people do the weirdest things... Even when we think we know them inside out. Look after yourself X

Yes.. the shock.. the pains etc will go on for a few months. Normal part of grieving.. loss.

It always hurts- for most, when a relationship ends.. it all takes time to work on accepting & recovering.

Time is all it takes. things wont feel this badly in a while.

Do your best to stay NC now.

I'm going through the same thing. If you read my post history you'll see that I'm going through the same thing. It's been a month for me since the breakup, and about ten days since NC, and I'm still trying to wrap my head around what happened to me, at this rate it'll take me way more time to get my ex gf out of my system. Time heals itself, no need to wonder why he did this. Most people these days are scared of commitment, they want to be free to talk to and date whoever they'd like. Your ex bf is one of those people, and unfortunately that's a majority of people. Time heals, do things that keep your mind off of what happened to you.

Archived