What to do with a flirty ex?

So a little background info, my ex broke up with me 3.5 months ago, it was a pretty amicable breakup, a loss of feelings on her half but I have always got the impression it was something of a panicked decision that she followed through with. Either way I went NC for about a month then tried to contact her a few times by text to keep a friendly line of communication open (we have a lot of mutual friends that neither of us want to give up so I thought this was the best way to make things less awkward when we inevitably see each other again). The texts were good, friendly even a tad flirty but she rarely initiated contact and so I took that as a sign she didn't really want to be talking to me.

Fast forward to a few days ago and a mutual friend's leaving party for work. Now we have seen each other a handful of times since then but it's always been a very brief 'hi, how are you' smile and end it type of talk but a few things struck me about this time. For starters it seemed a bit weird for her to have even turned up, none of the 20+ people there were her good friends really and none of hers turned up either. She seemed very enthusiastic about attending (posting a lot in the fb group) where even the host turned to look at me and said 'she's oddly excited about going'.

Anyway when she turns up at the first bar we smile and that's it really, there's enough people around to ensure we're not forced to talk to each other. Couple hours later at the club I notice she's on her own occasionally and interjects herself into conversations I'm in with other people. I try to leave each group as she does politely (I really didn't want to have to talk to her, more to make sure I wasn't awkward or flare up any old emotions) but eventually she caught me on my own and we started talking. And I'm going to be honest, I enjoyed it. We talked about a few old memories, small talk, things we've been doing etc. She was pretty flirty from the start, the way she looked at me, spoke to me, touching my arm and back. After a good 20mins one of my friends moved in to save me and I broke free, but 15 mins after she got me again at the bar and more of the same continued until prompted by friends to hit the dance floor where I left her at the bar. She then moved towards me a few times to dance but I wasn’t very reciprocal never dancing specifically with her but just the group. By the end of the night there were just 6 of us left and as I went to the bar again she left without prompt. No one else saw her leave so in my concern I did text her making sure she got out fine. She said she left with a friend and said goodnight with xx's. Then without prompt an hour later let me know when she got home with again a goodnight and xx's.

So ye thats the night's events all laid out. Now on the night we'd both had a little to drink (weren't really drunk but mildly intoxicated) and I kind of rationalised it as ‘we were both tipsy probably just the alcohol talking’. But the day after I started to realise how it made me feel, now it's not been an easy breakup for me because I believed there was so much potential cut short but the last month I've been making really good strides to healing. If I'm honest there's been a part of me that wants her back but I don't think she’s shown me enough to act on it. If she’d actually contacted me in all this time perhaps I would contact her back but really all she’s shown me is that she still finds me attractive in some form.

I know it’s a long one and thanks for reading it all, kinda wanted to vent this as much as anything! It’s been 4 days since then and I’ve not heard anything else from her so gone with the assumption that it didn’t mean much, what do you think though? Is she trying to communicate with me (which she has sucked at in the past if I’m honest) or should I ignore it? Thanks!!

Thanks Wiseman! Ye trying to work out her intentions in all this has been very confusing for me and I feel I handled things as best I could. Maybe I was a little too cold to her on the night or maybe I was too warm, can't do much about it now I guess!

A friend suggested contacting her or one of her closer friends that I'm on good terms with to try and get a glimpse of her mindset and if she really has no intentions of reconciling straight up tell her that the flirting and way she acted with me made me feel very uncomfortable. What do you guys think about that?

Personally, I think I'd rather take the easy option and leave it as is. I know my ex has some communication issues but if she really wanted to talk to me she should make the first move.

Archived