Open Club  ·  30 members  ·  Free

Travel and Culture

Gets depressing

Matt3939

I travel for work been for my working career. Ive been thinking about it a lot latally. I'm around 10,000s of people daily but I'm so alone. Probably a lot of people deal with this if they live in a city and aren't in a relationship or anyone who has a flight job. I just find it weird latally . I don't dislike my job I'm great at it. I'm usually home a lot more then a 9 to 5 job. But ive just been hitting it extra hard latally due to closing costs. It's just such a weird existence. I can be in multiple states daily. Some would love to see the things I've seen. It just seems so blah if I have no one to share it with. I Guess I'm just feeling alone. Ive never even considered talking to people when I'm away. No real questions more of a statement that someone can have so many people around but feel like there's no 1.

I'm around 10,000s of people daily

This made me think how I'd feel when I'd hear the latest population numbers, it seemed like a daunting and cold number. Until I heard someone see them as "potential friends" which made me laugh, and accept there is some truth in that. It's one way to look at it. And in this day and age we have more ways to connect using the internet.

What about connecting through a hobby? Depending on your interests, there are online communities that you might become a part of and find members around the world that you can occasionally meet in person.

Archived