Sarone

My boyfriend and I have been together for almost a year now and I really like him, but there's times where he scares me. Whenever he's mad or in a mood he gets really weird. This time he was complaining about being bored, so I told him, "You don't need to be entertained all the time" He said, "Yes I do otherwise I think of things and bad things happen." Then he had a broken plastic knife and he tried to cut himself, and then me. (I should mention that he wasn't aggressive, it was more playful than anything, and that's probably what scared me the most.) I got it away from him luckily, and after a couple minutes he was back to normal. In the past he has self harmed, but as far as I know, he doesn't anymore. Any advice for me?

You should NEVER be scared in a relationship. You should also never be held to ransom in a relationship - love is supposed to be unconditional. If he is depressed or has anger issues, then he needs to get help. Can you talk to him about this? Can he talk to family or friends about it? Can you talk to family or friends about it? Either way, this is NOT a healthy relationship to be in and there is a chance that he is testing you to see what you will do. Who knows what might happen in the future. You have to be safe. Please get some help X

Archived