Open Club  ·  88 members  ·  Free

Off Topic

Twenty Facts About You

mylolita

Good evening ladies and gentlemen!

I am twiddling my thumbs tonight and see you all posting on here sometimes often, sometimes rarely.

We see the usernames and we see the avatars, but I thought it would be fun for anyone who is interested to post twenty, thats two-oh folks, facts about yourself.

This may flop, but I would love to hear from anyone as I am curious and very, very nosey!

Please, don't all flood this thread at once!

Lolita x

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1. My name is not Victoria, it is a username.

2. I am Canadian

3. I was born in the 60's

4. I don't have a middle name

5. I have 1 child

6. I am married

7.I was born in the same hospital as my husband only 2.5 years before him.

8. I have the same blood type as my husband.

9. I had the same last name as him before I married him

10. We met at University

Some for now

11. My son has 3 middle names

12. I am the eldest of my generation in my family

13. I have one blood sibling and 3 step siblings

14. I am half French Canadian and half English

15. I have lived in 3 provinces

16. My husband is in the Air Force

17. I am not Quebecois French but Acadian

18. I like horror movies

19. My family is extremely important to me

20. I am religious

Wow This isn't as easy as it looks..

1. I'm in my mid 40's

2. I'm a single mum of two gorgeous greebly teenagers who I love endlessly..

3. I love the outdoors and wilt if I can't be in Nature

4. I enjoy learning new things

5. I can be annoying when excited

6. I work a software design company, volunteer and do a lot of charity work.

7. I love to travel, and go somewhere new every chance I get even if it's just a drive.

8. I steal my friends dogs, as I don't have time to have my own.

9. I do random acts of kindness and love to give, even though I don't have a lot myself.

10. I am super sensitive, and get hurt easily.

11. I own my own home and love to renovate in the summer

12. some days I am lazy and do absolutely nothing apart from watch my surroundings/nature outside

13. I get lonely easily - even when I am surrounded with people, It's like something is missing..

14. Sometimes I get paranoid and am scared of where the world is heading.

15. I can be very cheeky, and playful and it gets me into trouble.

16. I'm visual

17. All my furniture (apart from my bed) is from thrift shops and ebay - I like to restore and reupholster items.

18. I think I may be addicted to facebook, and seriously considering deactivating it daily, but have a FOMO

19. Love my family

20. I am Swiss but live in NZ

1. I'll be thirty in October.

2. My sister is two years younger.

3. I had/have an overprotective mother.

4. I was in marching band in high school.

5. I only see one friend from my high school days anymore.

6. I'm known for not missing much work.

7. I worked in fitnesss for about seven years.

8. I didn't do any fitness myself until I was twenty.

9. I'm going to a baseball game in a bit, and I have this thing where I always by cracker jacks at baseball games.

10. My dad was more strict than me than he was with my sister.

11. My sister and I visted our paternal grandparents every Saturday when we were kids.

12. My grandpa was a Marine in World War II in Guam and Okinawa.

13. I'm 6 ft 3 or 4, a good three to four inches talelr than anyone that branches off from both sets of grandparents.

14. I have an odd "build." I have long arms and porportionate hands, but my feet are very small for someone my height (US size 11)

15. Sometimes I spend more money than I originally mean to, but I like nice things that last.

16. I have to really focus to calm my neurotic tendencies.

17. I am sometimes thought of as quiet. (This is code for: I am expected to start all conversations) I've gotten much better about this over the last few years.

18. I am now the type that makes random small talk while waiting in lines.

19. I have two speaking voices. One is deeper and one is more "normal." I've been trying to experiment with the deeper one a little more.

20. People have a very difficult time figuring me out. TV and movies tell you this guy is thought of as super cool and mysterious. Not true in real life. So I try to smile more and let them know I'm not that weird.

1)I will be 25 in December.

2)I adore working out .

3)I have an immense love for nature .

4)I like photography.

5) I am a web developer.

6)I was in the Navy for a year.

7)I love traveling and meeting new people

8)I have a weakness for blondes .

9)I love steaks

10)I am Greek .

11)I have contradictory personality .

12)I am ambitious.

13)I love women's company .

14) I haven't been to many Greek islands.

15)I have an older brother .

16)I want to travel to NZ.

17) I hate drugs .

I can't think of anything else now .

1. I'll be thirty in October.

Hi Super,

I follow your journal on and off and I knew you would be tall! (I have read this on your journal, but got the feeling anyway!)

The quite, silent types are always the best in my opinion! Don't change for anyone and just be yourself I say!

Thanks for sharing.

Lo x

1)

8)I have a weakness for blondes .

Dias,

I met a lovely Greek guy in London a few weeks back. He was serving coffee but told me he was also a writer trying to get a break. I wish I could remember his name now... it was something like, Leonias? Or Leo-something! DAMN! He was lovely and we really got on. Isn't it funny when you connect with a stranger more than some of your closest blood relatives?

I would love to see Athens and I also share your weakness for blondes! My husband is a mucky blonde. Blondes have more fun!

Thanks for sharing.

Lo x

Dias,

I met a lovely Greek guy in London a few weeks back. He was serving coffee but told me he was also a writer trying to get a break. I wish I could remember his name now... it was something like, Leonias? Or Leo-something! DAMN! He was lovely and we really got on. Isn't it funny when you connect with a stranger more than some of your closest blood relatives?

I would love to see Athens and I also share your weakness for blondes! My husband is a mucky blonde. Blondes have more fun!

Thanks for sharing.

Lo x

Leonidas

It's funny and strange in a way indeed .

Couldn't agree more haha!

You are always welcome in Greece

My Twenty Facts Are

1. I am a night owl and I never want to go to bed.

2. I am addicted to coffee and diet energy drinks. I will drink a few a week and when I was at the office, I would drink one every morning for breakfast.

3. I love to shop and spend money. Even if I were completely broke I would still find a way to buy even little things. I have a serious habit for heels, lipstick, lingerie, knitwear and coats.

4. I used to be anorexic when I was between the ages of 15 - 19. I can say the fear of gaining weight never goes away and I like to stay slim.

5. I am totally flat chested.

6. I am a harsh critique of myself and others. Not cool and a bad trait I hate in myself.

7. Everyone says I look retro - I have very pale skin, rosy cheeks and curly red hair. My face is from the 40's, but hopefully doesn't look 40!

8. Which bring me to number eight; I am terrified of turning 30, even though I am only 26.

9. I drive fast. My dream day out would be on a rally track.

10. I find it difficult to be assertive and have a bad habit of apologising all the time.

11. I am a natural flirt. Most of my friends are boys.

12. I am very cranky without sleep. Ironic since I'm a night owl.

13. Being superstitious is something I am definitely not, so whatever number 13. I open umbrellas indoors.

14. I am a huge atheist and love atheist writers and debaters like Christopher Hitchens, Sam Harris, Daniel Dennett and Richard Dawkins.

15. My favourite author is Stephen King. I have nearly read everything he has wrote but think his new stuff is a bit c**p. Shame on you King.

16. As much as I love to read, I am a massive film fan and love everything by Quentin Tarantino. True Romance and Jackie Brown are two of my favourite films. I love anything strange like Vanilla Sky and Waking Life. I adore the modern Adams Family films and am an obsessed mega fan over the TV series The Sopranos. When I like a film I will have watched it more than 30 times.

17. I love glamour. I crave it. Glamour and ritual. Which is why I am so in love with the 50's way of style and female living, and also love the Orient for their beautiful and symbolic ritualisation of daily tasks.

18. I was a lap dancer for just over two years and loved it.

19. I am a terribly hopeless, old romantic, even though I am a filthy pervert who also loves women and enjoys experimenting sexually.

20. My husband is my world. It's me and him against everything and everyone. We make a cheeky team.

1. I will be 50 tomorrow

2. I have two wonderful sons, but am estranged (his choice) from my oldest right now

3. My mom is very ill and I cry daily over this

4. I love my job, but wish I worked in another part of the country

5. I have ADD

6. I have unresolved issues with a high school friend I never dated, but cared for deeply

7. I love to travel, and envision living in many places when I retire

8. I have make an amazing meatloaf

9. I think I could have been a therapist

10. I am much more anxious than I appear to others

11. I am trying to sell my home right now

12. I alternate between being very active and very lazy when it comes to chores

13. I become stressed when alone for too long

14. I am of Quebecois heritage

15. I am fairly sarcastic

16. I am somewhat insecure in my current relationship even though he has given me little reason to be so

17. I waste too much time on social media

18. I am often too concerned about what others think of me

19. I fear dying

20. I hope to retire by age 60

1. I will be 35 at the end of the year.

2. I have two kids. Boy 5 and girl 11 months.

3. I served in the US Marines infantry.

4. I went to school with American's Idol hero William Hong.

5. My Dad is from Chihuahua Mexico and my mom is from Berlin Salvador.

6. I was born in the same hospital as Paul Walker. Glendale memorial.

7. I'm a huge pro wrestling nerd. I like attending shows and going to Wrestlemania.

8. Captain America is my favorite marvel hero.

9. I attended the first Latin Grammy awards.

10. I was part of the studio audience for Saved by the bell- The new class.

11. Gary Coleman once shoved me and told me to get out of his way. I laughed.

12. My first job was a photographer. Taking pictures of people at proms when I was 15

13. My first date was when I was 12. I took my date to see Jurassic park. My brother was the driver.

14. I have 10 years with my company. I love it here but I want more of a challenge.

15. My favorite book is War & Peace.

16. I'm a huge bookworm. During the summers as kids. I would be at the library all day.

17. Finish running L.A Marathon when I was 16.

18. I'm very outgoing but I like being introverted more...

19. I'm atheist

20. Tore my rotator cuff playing football. I was trying to one arm tackle running back going full speed.

1. I will be 50 tomorrow

2. I have two wonderful sons, but am estranged (his choice) from my oldest right now

3. My mom is very ill and I cry daily over this

Happy Birthday for Tomorrow !!!

Sorry about your Mum (mine is currently battling cancer, it scares me how fragile she has become) big *hugs*

xL

1 I am not Italian as many on here seem to think, I am Dutch and my real name is not Sara

2 I have been bullied terribly growing up, which is why I'm very shy and introverted now

3 I lost my virginity at the age of 37 to my ex, who was a Russian troubled man

4 I love my house and being at home, my home is my sanctuary

5 I have a brother who is 3 years younger than me and who lives in Sweden, with his wife and daughter, my incredibly sweet and adorable little niece

6 I am absolutely terrified of bees and wasps, so much so that I get into a real state of panic

7 I love to cook and bake and am good at it! love to try new recipes and a complete Indonesian ricetable is my specialty!

8 I love Stephen King and have all his books up until 11-22-63

9 my favorite music is rock, favorite bands are Nightwish, and Live, with Ed Kowalcyk...

10 I am terrified something will happen with my mom, losing my mom...

11 I have great, sweet friends!

12 my favorite color is pink, and i have a pink kitchen! yes really!

13 I am a huge fan of AC Milan!!! for 25 years now, good times and bad....

14 I love binge-watching series....favorite is Lost and I'm super excited about the new Twin Peaks!

15 I'm an atheist and not scared of death......

16 I am 44 since last week and I hate that I now have to take off my glasses to read something!

17 I love buying new things, and can really enjoy a new pan, or the new kitchenaid i finally have!

18 I have a great collection of nailpolish

19 I regret a lot from my childhood, wish I could do that again.....but at the same time,wouldn't!

20 I'm in love!!!

1. My forum username is not my name.

2. I abhor liars.

3. I tend to judge people by whether or not animals like them. (If animals don't, I'm wary.)

4. I think saltwater is the cure for everything.

5. I don't like tomatoes.

6. I have no allergies.

7. I'm a list maker, but I don't necessarily follow the lists I make.

8. I'll be 35 in November.

9. I like to learn, so much so that I am a perpetual student. (Which also reminds me that I have new classes starting soon...)

10. I suck at talking about myself.

LOL - 10 is all I've got for now.

1. I am seriously afraid of heights.

2. I've lived in California since I was 11

3. From ages 5 to 11 my fathers work had us living in the Netherlands and the UK.

4. My brother who is 2 yrs older went to a Dutch Montessori school and spoke Dutch fluently,

but to this day I remember more than he does? (which is not much, so don't ask!)

5. I don't care to mix sweet things in my food. ie; pineapple on pizza or cranberries in salads.

6. I tend to be a fickle introvert. For the most part reserved but on a good day I can talk to your ears bleed.

7. I love live music. Any kind. Music is on in my house, in my office, anytime, anywhere.

8. I have an anxiety disorder but I am often caught off guard when someone comments how cool and collected I am?

If they only knew what was going on in my head;]

9. I have beautiful 2 sons, 30 and 25 who I can go on about endlessly.

10. I have two cats, Macy & Xena

11. I don't like wearing makeup and getting dressed up on weekends. (because I have to do it 5 days a week)

12. I often wonder if I have ADD because as I get older I have a hard time staying on any task

13. I used to be a hairstylist in another life, but needed a steady paycheck and benefits.

14. I love to cook and I am pretty good at it.

15. I am allergic to bees

16. I don't like scary movies. I think maybe due to anxiety. I have a heightened startle reflex I try to keep in check. Exposing myself makes no sense to me.

17. I love potatoes. Fried, baked, boiled, mashed. . you name it. Potato chips are my weakness

18. I can't get by without 8 hours of sleep or I am wreck.

19. I used to baby sit Peter Falks daughters

20. I played piano when I was younger but have not touched a piano in years.

Archived