Will she come back?

Mnieves03

Hi, I'm 29 years old and was dealing with a 46 years old woman. We spent a year and a half with eachother. We both have kids and we spent every weekend with them. We had amazing times. I lost a job while with her and most recently got into some financial trouble. She finally felt that I was reckless and needed to find myself more ame said I became lost. I said I could fix this and she said everything is fixable but this shows me that you live your life like that. She said she didn't see a future with me...at least not right now. We still text eachother from time to time. It's been about 2 months since it happened. The first week after it happened, we were on the train with her mom and the kids. I got a new job and told her of my ambitions and said I want to do this life with you...she shook her head no...as I was getting off, she said "we'll meet again". Most recently it's been a week since she text me. I text her and no response. Will she ever come back?...We were like a family and I miss her.

If she isn't responding to your texts, I would pay more attention to that than her "we'll meet again" comment. I'm so sorry, what a tough situation. I hope your kids are okay. This is probably hard for them, too. I think your best option is to assume it's over and work on healing from this break up. If she wants you back she'll come to you, but it doesn't seem likely -- at least not any time soon.

Thanks, yeah...it seems that way for now...you think every now and then I should text about her kids and ask if everybody is ok and that I hope they have a great school year or I should just leave it alone

As painful as it will be, I would leave it alone. I think it will just continue to cause you pain if she doesn't respond or if she gives you a generic "Yep they're good" kind of response. It will be harder for you to move on if you have continued contact. And moving on is the only way to heal from something like this.

Dude you're 29, she's 46. WE can make a T-shirt out of that. I know you're hurting man I completely get it. But, lets call a spade a spade. You've made this woman your mama. Because you're taking advantage of her maturity to give you guidance and support you don't really need! What you should be doing is some hard work. Reading some self help books, taking time to find and celebrate any one of a number of passions you may have into a potential career move.

What's absolutely non negotiable is your resolve to not fight the feeling of wanting her back. She's 46 and really has no business being in a long term romantic relationship with you. I know you love her and I know you think she's the one - but she's not! She's 1 of many women who will come into your life to help you on your quest to become the best you! In life we tend to repeat our mistakes till we finally get then right, on in some cases never get them at all.

You're purpose at this point therefor, isn't to wait for her to come back. You're purpose at this point is to learn every morsel of why you are not worthy of dating your dream woman and more importantly, why you feel that you're not worthy of the greatest you possible? After all, who will your kids look up to, if you're not willing to look up to you?

Dude you're 29, she's 46. WE can make a T-shirt out of that. I know you're hurting man I completely get it. But, lets call a spade a spade. You've made this woman your mama. Because you're taking advantage of her maturity to give you guidance and support you don't really need! What you should be doing is some hard work. Reading some self help books, taking time to find and celebrate any one of a number of passions you may have into a potential career move.

What's absolutely non negotiable is your resolve to not fight the feeling of wanting her back. She's 46 and really has no business being in a long term romantic relationship with you. I know you love her and I know you think she's the one - but she's not! She's 1 of many women who will come into your life to help you on your quest to become the best you! In life we tend to repeat our mistakes till we finally get then right, on in some cases never get them at all.

You're purpose at this point therefor, isn't to wait for her to come back. You're purpose at this point is to learn every morsel of why you are not worthy of dating your dream woman and more importantly, why you feel that you're not worthy of the greatest you possible? After all, who will your kids look up to, if you're not willing to look up to you?

I don't agree with this. There may be numerous reasons why they shouldn't get back together but age isn't one of them. Chances are if this was a 29,yr old woman with an older man you wouldn't have even written that. It kind of infuriates me that society has this attitude.

I don't agree with this. There may be numerous reasons why they shouldn't get back together but age isn't one of them. Chances are if this was a 29,yr old woman with an older man you wouldn't have even written that. It kind of infuriates me that society has this attitude.

I tend to resist the general societal acceptance of age discrepancy. I think in life woman are more mature than men. They are more socially aware, have stronger intuition, and more adept at understanding the flow of a relationship. While I don't have an issue with a 29 year old woman dating a 46 year old man, I generally prefer the age separation be no more than 8-10 years. A 29 year old man, doesn't know his head from his A** in terms of relationship maturity. Most of us guys at 29 still haven't figured out our career and purpose so it's definitely a cause for concern when a 29 year old male is dating a 47 year old mature female. Again this has everything to do with mental maturity and not the physical part.

In this scenario, it's clear he's made her in to his mama and requires her acceptance to take action. This is NOT healthy and runs counter to a masculine core. So yes, in essence the 46 year old female is emotionally and spiritually too strong and dominant to date a 29 year old male with a weak masculine core. She will simply crush him.

I'm feeling like because I didn't initiate the first text last Friday, she didn't feel like I was in that position to not text her first because it's very weird that a week before that she said at 1am, she couldn't sleep. She probably now feels that I'm not as interested and she rather move on. Should I explain to her why I didn't text or just let it be.

I'm 29 years old and was dealing with a 46 years old woman. -------> Strike 1.

I lost a job ... and .... got into some financial trouble. She ... felt I was reckless ----------> Strike 2.

She said she didn't see a future with me... ------------> Strike 3.

I got a new job and told her of my ambitions and said I want to do this life with you...she shook her head no... ----------> Sorry buddy. You're out.

I'm feeling like because I didn't initiate the first text last Friday, she didn't feel like I was in that position to not text her first because it's very weird that a week before that she said at 1am, she couldn't sleep. She probably now feels that I'm not as interested and she rather move on. Should I explain to her why I didn't text or just let it be.

Let it go my man, let it go!

Archived