So I dated a guy for 2 years and everything was wonderful for the first year and a half. After that I couldn't stop pressuring him to get his license, go to college, and get a job because I felt like I was providing more stability for the relationship than he was. So after 2 years and content fighting for the tale end of it we broke up. I found a new boyfriend who is wonderful and thought that I was totally over my ex. But over the past year I can't stop thinking about him and missing him and wishing that we could try again. I feel that we are totally different people now than we were a year ago and it might work. He has a job and a license now and I'm not as judgmental as I once was. As much as I have tried, and I really REALLY have, to get him out of my mind I just can't. Even with my new boyfriend. But I have not contacted my ex because I feel like he will not feel the same and have completely gotten over me. What should I do to stop feeling like this?

So I dated a guy for 2 years and everything was wonderful for the first year and a half. After that I couldn't stop pressuring him to get his license, go to college, and get a job because I felt like I was providing more stability for the relationship than he was. So after 2 years and content fighting for the tale end of it we broke up. I found a new boyfriend who is wonderful and thought that I was totally over my ex. But over the past year I can't stop thinking about him and missing him and wishing that we could try again. I feel that we are totally different people now than we were a year ago and it might work. He has a job and a license now and I'm not as judgmental as I once was. As much as I have tried, and I really REALLY have, to get him out of my mind I just can't. Even with my new boyfriend. But I have not contacted my ex because I feel like he will not feel the same and have completely gotten over me. What should I do to stop feeling like this?

You weren't judgmental. He should have wanted these things. I wouldn't have stuck around, either.

I think you should end it with the current one, as it is not FAIR TO HIM. Then, you can contact your ex.

What you see is what you get, you can't nag, change or fix anyone into becoming your tailor-made ideal. Perhaps after you and your nagging left his life he did what he what he was going to do anyway, without someone up his butt?

It also sounds like you need to explore what you have chronic grass is greener syndrome.

Has this ex contacted you? If not, it's safe to assume he moved on to a woman who loves and accepts him for who he is.

He has a job and a license now and I'm not as judgmental as I once was.I have not contacted my ex because I feel like he will not feel the same and have completely gotten over me. What should I do to stop feeling like this?
What you see is what you get, you can't nag, change or fix anyone into becoming your tailor-made ideal. Perhaps after you and your nagging left his life he did what he what he was going to do anyway, without someone up his butt?

It also sounds like you need to explore what you have chronic grass is greener syndrome.

Has this ex contacted you? If not, it's safe to assume he moved on to a woman who loves and accepts him for who he is.

Or he's doing NC since she left him

Anyway my advice would be to break up with your current bf ,take at least a month off of everything and then if you still feel the same contact your ex.

Archived