My best friend is mad at me

Quinos

Months ago, my best friend asked me to go to an all night music festival with her during labor day weekend. I told her I would go one night with her, but not the whole weekend because it was too expensive. Also, it is not my type of music, but I was just going to go to join her.

Last week, an old boyfriend of mine (who I remained friends with and lives across the country) surprised me that he will be coming during labor day weekend. We have not seen each other in 3 years and it is the only weekend he is available to come and his visit is specifically to see me.

I tell my best friend that I can't make it to the festival because my old BF will only be here for that weekend. She says she is upset with me, but that she still loves me. Then she asks if I am going to a friend's baby shower that is that same weekend and I told her yes. (I helped plan it, so I have to go, plus this friend moved to another state, so I only see her about 4 times a year). My BFF is also going to the baby shower, but only a short time. She says, "Oh, you're going to see Cherish, but not go to the festival with me?" I immediately call her, but she never answered. I texted her again, but she never responded.

The next day, we had plans to go bike riding with some of her friends from work. She talks a lot with her friends, but not with me, but when she was alone, I went to her to talk. She says she is mad at me, and doesn't feel like talking. I told her I wanted to work with her and said I can go with her to her festival Saturday night, as I will only see my friend Sunday and Monday. She asks me, how about coming to the festival friday night instead, and I told her that I can't because I have a race to run very early the next morning. I can go Saturday night (She's going to the festival all 3 days). She says she doesn't want to talk about it and I tell her ok. Since then, she has ignored my texts, but I constantly see her on snapchat.

I understand I hurt her, but I don't feel like I should continue being punished? Or am I wrong?

Archived