They say women are confusing...

Spiraling

Ok so just need some friendly input...my ex and I broke up three months ago. Wasn't a bad break up or anything, neither really fought or acted desperate. I did the whole NC for 30 days thing and reached back out we talked on and off for a little bit. Kinda slipped back into a NC until he texted me a couple weeks after and we talked for three days straight. I stopped messaging when I found out he had a new girlfriend, just to give him space. I didn't want to step on any toes even though he messaged me. So he got the new girl under two months of us breaking up. We did the whole NC...again...until recently when he started liking ALL of my Instagram posts (he has never done that before) and then he broke NC by messaging me in regards to a snapchat I posted. Since he broke it off with me he has consistently watched my snap stories within an hour of posting. I really miss him and feel like we aren't truely done. I've been giving him his space especially since he has a new girl but he keeps finding ways to "reach" out. Any idea why? He's confusing me. All the while I've been working on myself and becoming the best me so there's that positive! Thanks.

Block him!

Look at it this way. If he is indeed fishing and throwing you bread crumbs, he is doing so while in another relationship.

Don't fool yourself to think that if you did indeed reconcile that he wouldn't be doing the same to some other girl. He is showing you what he's capable of.

It's just wrong. He is being selfish to you and disrespecting your healing and disrespecting of his new relationship.

Anything short of him being on your doorstep begging you for your forgiveness is game playing.

Squash it.

He's in a new relationship and doing selfish little things to keep you from moving on.

He's moved on. You should too.

Sounds like he wants two girls instead of one, and at the moment you're helping him cheat. Even if the conversation seems innocent, any contact with a former romantic partner falls into that category. How do you think his new girlfriend would feel about him still talking to you? Maybe she'll be posting on this site at some point about her boyfriend who is still talking with his ex.

I'd go back to NC and keep working on yourself. If he wants you back, he needs to make his intentions clear, he needs to stop playing games, and he needs to end the relationship with her.

Well, clearly he's not over you and she's his rebound. You guys should give it 1 more go if the opportunity presents itself. You need to continue your NC. That way he can get his rebound out the way and hopefully back to you. Not sayings it's a guaranteed thing but seems to me, from what's written, he's not over you and you're not over him. Just make sure to put everything on the table when you guys do decide to get back together, otherwise it will fall apart and there won't be a next time. Good luck!

Does it seem like he's keeping you in the orbit in case the new gf doesn't pan out as a backup plan? Why else would he continue messaging/liking posts,etc. after a breakup?

It would be best to go and stay no contact and full block to prevent these mixed messages. Has he ever suggested reconciling?

I stopped messaging when I found out he had a new girlfriend. I really miss him and feel like we aren't truely done.

I honestly think I read this story every single time I go on this forum, from different people. The social media "contact", the need for immediate new girlfriend or boyfriend but still keeping you on the hook... these stories are a) always about someone who is not capable of a real relationship, b) centered around shallow, immature things like someone posting a hot pic to social media re-igniting some dim fire in the ex and, c) Always going to end the same way: repeated heartache.

In any case ignore his breadcrumbs, block him, and move on. He is just going to play you and mess with you head from now on if he knows he can rope you back in like this. Imagine if he knew you care enough about what he's doing to post about it on a forum! It would feed his ego like crazy.

Keep up your healing. You're on the right track. Now go No Contact for real and block him everywhere.

He's stringing you along... and also his new "girlfriend" who risks being hurt for reasons which are nothing to do with her.

You were right to give him space when you found out he had a new girlfriend. Tell him that you think it's inappropriate for him to be continuing to contact you when he's supposed to be building a relationship with someone else, that he ought to respect his new relationship and would he please leave you alone. As it is, he has two half relationships, which is great for someone who's incapable of really being emotionally present to anyone.

If you still have feelings for him, and would like to rekindle the relationship - tell him that you don't want to hear from him unless it's to say that he wants the same.

But the situation as it is, where he has the best of both worlds at your expense and keeps you on the hook without any emotional commitment to you - will have a really draining effect on your self esteem, stop you moving on, and pull the scabs off your own healing.

He will continue to confuse you for as long as you let him. Blocking him and going NC will end that confusion for you.

Be kind to yourself and block him.

If he actually wanted to be with you, he'd be with you. Instead he is dating someone else and that should really tell you that your business is very much finished as far as relationships is concerned.

As for clicking likes and social media contact - it's an utterly meaningless, completely effortless way to string you along for as long as you allow it. Hey, in case his new gf doesn't work AND he can't land anyone else, maybe he can get you into his bed again....note not back into relationship, just his bed. Of course, you'd be a fool to fall for that because it will crush you even more to discover that sex with the ex doesn't lead to restoring your relationship with him and that he'll just quit sleeping with you the moment someone new and interesting catches his attention. Don't do that to yourself.

Archived