Can cops do anything about this?

ForeverYours

First, in case it matters, I'm in Ontario.

I know a guy who told me that he started doing coke and ecstasy on a weekly basis. I know a lot of people do hard drugs, so usually I'd just dismiss it and not associate myself with him anymore. BUT, during the day he works as a school bus driver. He said he isn't high while working and easily has it under control, but from what I hear that can easily change...

I have no proof of this conversation. I do have his number and know his address. I don't know the name of the company he works for, despite spending hours trying to figure it out.

Is there anything cops could do if I told them? I'm seriously concerned about the 30+ kids he drives around every weekday.

If he's not high when he's working and he's not carrying any drugs on him while on the bus, then I don't think there is a thing you can do about it but to be sure, why don't you call your local police station and make this enquiry? Don't call 911... just google "Police Stations in" (and put in your area of Ontario and a list of direct numbers and address will come up. They will tell you one way or the other.

Are your kids on that bus? No, then you have no standing to complain to the company. Have you actually driven behind him and witnessed erratic driving? No, then you have nothing to report to anyone. Do you have drug test results proving that he is driving intoxicated?

Unfortunately you have no evidence of anything and no standing to deliver your complaints to law enforcement or the company. You can't go around randomly accusing people of DWIs with zero evidence, proof or witnessing anything.

In fact he could turn around and sue you for slander, because you are trying to incriminate someone who has not actually done anything that you know of or can even remotely prove.

What is this guy to you? an ex? someone you had a beef with? know a guy who told me that he started doing coke and ecstasy on a weekly basis. I know a lot of people do hard drugs, so usually I'd just dismiss it and not associate myself with him anymore. BUT, during the day he works as a school bus driver.

If you said he did ecstasy and drove kids around, that would be one thing.

He said he isn't high while working and easily has it under control, but from what I hear that can easily change...

As someone who has "dabbled" a bit, if he (for example) parties Friday night, then doesn't drive kids until Monday, I'm not sure that he would even fail a drug test, let alone be driving in any way impaired. What's the real motivation for wanting to get this guy fired?

Hi I live in Ontario as well. As soon as you go to the cops, he will be drug tested and lose his job immediately when the results come back as positive. And the results will come back positive, considering how long drugs stay inside your system for. This can be devastating for your friend, as he will lose financial income. I understand you are concerned about the kids, so I agree you should address to this to the cops only if your friend is high while driving the kids or doing drugs daily. If your friend only does drugs socially such as only on weekends while partying, then I don't see how he is putting the children in danger. Drugs are illegal, but no worse than alcohol and no worse than adults drinking on weekends.

Yikes! At the very least I would make a call, then the cops can tell you if they can do anything. Even if they get something on record, it could be useful later if a case needs to be made against the guy.

Unless she actually witnessed him doing it and or has some proof that he's doing it while driving the kids, then it's just hearsay.

If Op calls the police and tells them exactly what she told us in her opening post, they will tell her what can and cannot be done.

Unless a cop or a lawyer chimes in on this thread, we're all just guessing.

Unless she actually witnessed him doing it and or has some proof that he's doing it while driving the kids, then it's just hearsay.

If Op calls the police and tells them exactly what she told us in her opening post, they will tell her what can and cannot be done.

Unless a cop or a lawyer chimes in on this thread, we're all just guessing.

i have a degree in this stuff, im very similiar with whats going on

It's heresay. You have no real proof and he said he doesn't do it when he drives. If he told you that he was high and driving, that's different. But that's not the case. Maybe not the best life choices by your standards, sure, but from what you've heard, no one is in danger, so I'd sray the hell out of it.

Archived