Are there any men out there that do not flirt with other girls when their taken

rosabela7

Bf and I had a fight because he was flirting with lots of girls on facebook. He pretended and acted single. Well my guy friend told me that all guys flirt even when taken so I should not take it seriously. Do guys really love flirting so much and okay with it even if their taken? I think flirting in a relationship is cheating and disrespectful. How would guys feel if their wife or girlfriend flirt with other men or if men flirt with their wife/gf? Are they fine with that?

My husband does not flirt with other women, period. Am I with him all the time? Of course not. But I know him, I trust him, and I know how he behaves around people. He might be friendly, just as I am friendly, but neither of us crosses the line and the same was true when we were dating.

Yes. I am one of them.

But the question is, what do you condone as flirting?

Some people have strange concepts of flirting.

My ex insisted that I was "emotionally cheating" on her for this reason:

Having a merch girl offer me cookies, and in stead of allowing me to ignore her as i normally would with any girl who flirts with me, told me to tell her off and fire her.

And when i couldn't fire her, and opted to be peaceful about it with the merch girl and say "My girlfriend and I would appreciate it if you didn't offer me cookies", found out she had no intention of flirting with me, and had no interest in me in that light.

If it's cut and dry, tell your dude to watch it since you're crossing boundaries you aren't comfortable with. dudes who think it's okay to do anything that should be reserved for their woman

This is something where a couple has to be on the same page. Some couples are only ok with no fliriting period, some are ok with light, joking playful flirting, etc etc all the way up to couples who are in full on open relationships, lol.

The fact that your boyfriend is presenting himself as single to flirt I think would cross a line for most people.

Bf and I had a fight because he was flirting with lots of girls on facebook. He pretended and acted single. Well my guy friend told me that all guys flirt even when taken so I should not take it seriously. Do guys really love flirting so much and okay with it even if their taken? I think flirting in a relationship is cheating and disrespectful. How would guys feel if their wife or girlfriend flirt with other men or if men flirt with their wife/gf? Are they fine with that?

you need a new guy friend and boyfriend

It all depends on what you consider flirting.. My gf tells me that I flirt with women all the time, but I don't see it that way nor do I do it on purpose. I just happen to have a charismatic and humorous/playful personality that makes me fun to talk to, which she views as flirting. I don't go out of my way to talk to women either. The only time I talk to the opposite sex is when we're with friends, when I'm at work, or when I'm in the classroom, in which 99% of these women already know I'm happily taken.

If your guy is purposefully going out of his way to "flirt" with women though, then I feel he is being disrespectful to you.

I wouldn't say it's all men because I see woman that flirt as well when they are taken. It all depends on your relationship and what you consider as flirting. My husband does not flirt with other woman and it didn't happen when we were dating. He has a few close woman friends but other than being a friend to them, there are no flirting in a sexual way. No, I'm not with him all the time, but I trust him enough to not do it. If I find that he's being too overly friendly with another woman, than I just let him know. None of my guy friends flirt with other woman either if they are taken.

I've never dated a guy who flirted with other girls when he was with me. I guess I can't say for sure since I'm definitely not attached at the hip to guys I date but no, they were not adding/chatting up random girls on FB, drooling over bikini pictures of girls they knew, leaving weird comments, etc. There is a difference between being friendly and being flirty too.

Your friend is wrong. Not all guys are like that.

Welll I saw his conversations with those girls and he was definitely flirting with them...he was complimenting them and saying silly stuffs to them like you're so beautiful...I like you so much. He was even asking the mobile number of a girl...like he was pursuing her. The girl declinee but he kept asking. He acted single and was pursuing all those girls. He also likes pictures of random girls. I am sure he flirts with them. I think he is obsess with girls Been together for 2 years now...he wasn't like this at all but maybe he only pretended to be someone he wasn't.

Heck yeah I flirt. If it gets me first class on a long flight or an upgrade at a hotel or a better access at a sporting event then why not?

Now its my theory that certain men and women require a certain amount of response to their flirting. Example. I flirt to get an upgrade or a smile but it stops there. Other people stop at getting compliments, some need a name and phone number, other stop at getting a date and some need to have sex. But thats my theory.

Sounds like your guy likes to get compliments in return. That doesnt mean he needs a date or to have sex but it doesnt rule that out either. IMO you approach it bu not getting mad but just telling him that his flirting hurts you. No need to get into an argument or fight over it because it could only make him want to flirt more just to show you that he can. So simply telling him that it hurts you can go a long way. Now if he continues then you might need to look at other options.

Heck yeah I flirt. If it gets me first class on a long flight or an upgrade at a hotel or a better access at a sporting event then why not?

Now if my SO could flirt and get us freebies/discounts like that, hell yeah, he can flirt as long as it stops there, LOL.

Welll I saw his conversations with those girls and he was definitely flirting with them...he was complimenting them and saying silly stuffs to them like you're so beautiful...I like you so much. He was even asking the mobile number of a girl...like he was pursuing her. The girl declinee but he kept asking. He acted single and was pursuing all those girls. He also likes pictures of random girls. I am sure he flirts with them. I think he is obsess with girls Been together for 2 years now...he wasn't like this at all but maybe he only pretended to be someone he wasn't.

He's not obsessed with girls he simply is behaving inappropriately for someone in an exclusive relationship. Nothing to do with gender.

IMO you approach it bu not getting mad but just telling him that his flirting hurts you. No need to get into an argument or fight over it because it could only make him want to flirt more just to show you that he can. So simply telling him that it hurts you can go a long way. Now if he continues then you might need to look at other options.

Well that makes sense. The more I ask him not to do it...the more he does it. I doubt he will ever change. If only I knew in the beginning that he was like this...I would have stayed single.

Sounds like a power struggle and he does it to taunt you and defy you.

But stomping your feet that it's inappropriate isn't working, is it? nor is taking a survey on two identical threads to see if it is common, right?

End it. He's playing with you.

The more I ask him not to do it...the more he does it. I doubt he will ever change.
Well that makes sense. The more I ask him not to do it...the more he does it. I doubt he will ever change. If only I knew in the beginning that he was like this...I would have stayed single.

See, called it.

Its just his personality. He doesnt flirt to hurt you personally. I think it doesnt matter who he is with, he is going to flirt. So the question is, do you accept it or not? There is something liberating when one finally gets the strength to leave. Doesnt mean you have to, but to stand up and say something can be liberating.

Archived