Open Club  ·  88 members  ·  Free

Off Topic

Cell company rant

Seraphim

Stupid Canadian cell phone companies. They can gouge your eyeballs out. My son got nailed for $549 worth of data. He was sent warnings but kept pressing yes . So I spent 3 HOURS on the phone with billing explaining my son has a disability ( he has autism )and he is being screwed for more than half his disability payment. I had to change my plan to control his data usage and they send the warnings to me now . I talked them down 25%. So now he has to pay $405. My plan went from $85 to $ 145. FFFFFFFFFRRRRRRRACK

While I am negotiating in the store on the phone with billing my son is yelling and hopping up-and-down. All I could do was tell him go to the food court and eat ,go to the food court and eat. Then when I got to the food court more screaming and yelling how he's not paying it. My son has autism and has a lot of executive function issues therefore the upset. He has now agreed to pay the $400 but it is quite a chunk out of his disability payment.

You can add American companies to that list. I hate Verizon. Living in a rural area, I only have one cellular coverage that works- and it HAS to be the most expensive one!! >.>

Freaking Monopoly, man.

My son got nailed for $549 worth of data.

... Pokemon Go? I'd totally play it if it wasn't for the game being a data fiend >

You can add American companies to that list. I hate Verizon. Living in a rural area, I only have one cellular coverage that works- and it HAS to be the most expensive one!! >.>

Freaking Monopoly, man.

... Pokemon Go? I'd totally play it if it wasn't for the game being a data fiend >

Oh yeah Pokémon Go. When I got him the data enabled iPad for the game my understanding was that he was added to my plan. Nobody bothered to tell me that my plan was an old plan that you couldn't add people to. My plan was an old grandfathered plan , a promotional plan from four years ago. So now I pay $50 just for my voice plan and then $85 for my data. So my monthly plan is 135 plus the price of monthly payment of the iPad plus tax! I used to pay $85.

I hate them so much. I have been dodging them for years after a bad experience with Telus. I switched to then-independant Virgin, then that got eaten up, then I was with mobilicity, which also got eaten up, then switched to Wind (which I currently have) but it too got eaten up last year. There are no other independant carriers for me to switch to, so when Wind's new owners eventually jack-up the rates (which will happen, the rates are just too cheap and resonable to be Canadian) I don't know what I will do.

I would prefer to continue to refuse to give them my money (same with the big banks--but that's a whole 'nother rant) but at this point there is nothing left. So I have debated just getting a pay-as-you go flip phone. But then I would have to find an Internet plan because I don't currently have it on my computer, just on my phone....its frustrating. I hate those companies so much. They are evasive about important details and I believe it's by design.

Btw, I dig your avatar pic! Did you watch the concert? I was out of town and my bf PVR'd it but because they played past 11pm, we missed the last few songs

I did see them in Toronto, the second show, it was incredible.

Yeah it was incredible!! We got so lucky with ticketmaster! But it made me cry when I saw all the teleprompters on stage, and he was reading from them.

I find if you threaten them enough they help but you have to escalate. My brother has been with Telus since it was a start-up and called Clearnet at the time, he gets whatever he wants from them, but he has to be an a-hole. I was never able to negotiate anything fair with telus, but I was also not an original customer

Archived