driving instructor shouted at me

miamia21

just come back from a lesson, and im so upset i tried not to cry during the lesson too, i was driving in a left hand lane and he told me to go to the middle lane. I hesitated for a second of two idk i had brain fog and wasnt thinking straight it was my fault completely and i carried on in the left hand lane i did all this safely and didnt cause any danger to other drivers and we just did a loop round. Anyway when i carried on he shouted at me a few times and swore and said he doesnt understand me at all and im stupid etc. My eyes watered like crazy trying not to cry. not sure how i did the rest of the lesson tbh, it was one small mistake if im honest ive never done it before,and hes snapped at me before like this. I have my test in a couple week i dont know what to say now i didnt really speak to him after the incident

p.s not sure if this is in correect subject on forum

My driving instructors (had 4 of them, in my late 40s) sometimes were stern or even a bit harsh - maybe a little voice raising if there was something potentially dangerous or if I didn't follow the instruction of "speed up" but they never screamed or criticized me in that way. I would have been done. Right then.

Everyone has different sensitivities but a driving instructor should never lose it in that way.

I would have just had you pull over so I could get a good laugh out of my system. I think it's hilarious you just stayed in the lane like the boss of the road when he told you to switch. But that's probably why I'm not a driving instructor.

No, it wasn't cool at all. I'd file a complaint and seek another. How old are you?

im 21.. lol i would get a different instructor believe me, but my test is literally in 2 weeks and it means getting used to a new car etc if i fail i will 100% be changing instructors. I nearly did stop the car and get out god knows how i managed get through it

I've got very thick skin, so I'd look at it as "well, dude's an ***hole but I can bank on him not cutting me slack. At least I can be sure I can be prepared." That's honestly the only "positive" way I can spin it.

But really, in your case, how much closer do you think you're getting to passing if all your sessions are ending with you in tears than if you were to start over with an instructor who isn't verbally abusive?

It sounds like you can just tough it out. However if he says something rude again, pull over just like this:

21.. lol i would get a different instructor believe me, but my test is literally in 2 weeks and it means getting used to a new car etc if i fail i will 100% be changing instructors. I nearly did stop the car and get out god knows how i managed get through it

I had a car driving instructor who behaved the same way. It didn't help that he spoke a thick Indian accent. My family and I filed a report and made sure he got fired (my dad did defense driving training for firefighters as part of his job).

My second car instructor was the best I ever had. He had patience and we did an hour long exercise of blind spotting. Just that lesson alone has saved me from multiple accidents. Glad I got rid of the first one.

Talk to the company and demand to get another driver. If they can't switch you, have a voice recorder on your phone and hide it in a bag to record any conversation he has with you in the car. Do not tell him you are recording- this will be evidence to share with the driving school if he pulls the stunt again.

Watch this and feel better.

[video=youtube_share;WaAu4L2cl4c] ]

I had a car driving instructor who behaved the same way. It didn't help that he spoke a thick Indian accent. My family and I filed a report and made sure he got fired (my dad did defense driving training for firefighters as part of his job).

My second car instructor was the best I ever had. He had patience and we did an hour long exercise of blind spotting. Just that lesson alone has saved me from multiple accidents. Glad I got rid of the first one.

Talk to the company and demand to get another driver. If they can't switch you, have a voice recorder on your phone and hide it in a bag to record any conversation he has with you in the car. Do not tell him you are recording- this will be evidence to share with the driving school if he pulls the stunt again.

Watch this and feel better.

[video=youtube_share;WaAu4L2cl4c] ]

i honestly really want to change instructors, i felt really crappy all day today. Its so close to my test now that i cant really change instructors unless i move my test forward a few week and find a good instructor i have one in mind my brother uses and he seems great

I know but I can drive this car and learned pretty much everything now, I only have to put up with this ass for 2 more lessons

Is he taking you to the test? I would reconsider that -one reason I passed was my instructor was such a cheerleader and also mellow.

I did some really stupid stuff when I was learning, but my instructor never shouted or swore. Was stern and gave me a deserved telling off, yes, but never more than that. I would find a different teacher.

In all honesty though, are you certain you're ready for the test in a fortnight? If you're un the UK, you should probably be able to find a new dates a few weeks out that will suit you. It's when you're trying to find a test sooner than the one you've booked that it takes forever. Plus it will save you £60 to move it back then to have to book a new one if you don't pass. Don't go in for it if you're not confident.

I did some really stupid stuff when I was learning, but my instructor never shouted or swore. Was stern and gave me a deserved telling off, yes, but never more than that. I would find a different teacher.

In all honesty though, are you certain you're ready for the test in a fortnight? If you're un the UK, you should probably be able to find a new dates a few weeks out that will suit you. It's when you're trying to find a test sooner than the one you've booked that it takes forever. Plus it will save you £60 to move it back then to have to book a new one if you don't pass. Don't go in for it if you're not confident.

I was confident until yesterday !

Archived