Long-distance relationship advice

Hi guys,

My girlfriend is currently abroad for a few months and I need advice on how to handle it. We haven't been dating for that long but she told me she loves me before she left. It's not that I don't trust her, but being away from her makes me think of the worst....

Yesterday she told me she dreamt about one oh her exes and she felt safe in his arms. I know it's just a dream but recently she was quite cold and platonic with me. I feel like she's slipping away and when I tried to ask questions she assure me she loves me and everything was fine. She said she's being cold because feelings will hurt her, but I don't really understand what she means by that. Is there any advice anyone can give me?

Thank you,

Some guys without friends in real life

"It's not that I don't trust her, but being away from her makes me think of the worst...." - who are you kidding? That's the definition of lack of trust. You sound very very insecure about her being away.

Look, you can't control what others do or how they feel about you and the relationship regardless of distance. Someone can live with you and hate your guts, someone can be thousands of miles away and be loving and loyal to you. You just have to get the whole idea of "I can control or influence" out of your head. People have free will that you cannot control regardless of distance.

Yesterday she told me she dreamt about one oh her exes and she felt safe in his arms. I know it's just a dream but recently she was quite cold and platonic with me.

It is beyond me as to why she would tell you about a dream regarding her exes, and to say she felt safe in his arms. She sounds like she is slowly letting you down easy, because from what it seems, it going to go from dreams to reality. It's very odd that she would tell you she loves you (did you say it first? did she say it as a response to you?) before she left, but then tell you about how much comfort her ex brings her in a dream.

Do you think she felt obligated to say she loved you? (As in, did you say it first)

"Someone can live with you and hate your guts, someone can be thousands of miles away and be loving and loyal to you.

Wow that's the truth!

On the safe in his arms comment. Why wouldn't somone keep that to themselves? Reminds me of a time in college. I had a roommate he had a new girl over (became his wife) he woke up and told her a dream about him doing something sexual to her. Believe me not normal way out there and bizzare not like it was something he wanted to try lol. It was the funniest thing I ever heard. I was amazed she didn't run out of the room so hard to pretend to be asleep. So to each there own some people don't have a filter but I'd be careful cause I think most do.

If I wanted to end a relationship I was in, I would tell my GF that I dreamt about being in my Xs arms feeling wonderful.

I dont know if you saw what she did, but she began to pull away from you. She TOLD you about her X. That right there is laying out the foundation of a break up. You can choose to deny it or rationalize it saying "It was just a dream" But the problem is that how do YOU know it was a dream?

In my view it just a matter of time before you are single.

Archived