So my girlfriend and I thought it would be fun to have a threesome. She downloaded an app one day and we talked about what she was going to put on the app. Someone messaged her on it and she ignored it, fast forward a couple of weeks. I asked why she didn't let me look for a girl that was Bi-sexual but more into girls. She said she didn't trust me enough to find one. So I get my own app and I try to find one, (mostly out of spite). I got this app at work on my break, barely set up my account. I got home and my phone was dead so I forgot about the app. Skip two hours ahead and my phone is charged, a notification pops up.

She immediately accused me of cheating and being a low-life so and so. She starts comparing me to her previous boyfriends and other people that have broken her heart.

I guess my question is, Was it wrong of me to independently try and find a girl in my own? or should I have waited?

Oh gosh this is a mess. Why is she interested in threesomes if she can't trust you? Pure stupidity there.

Were you wrong for trying and find a girl in my own?... Well since you admit yourself that you did it out of spite, it's pretty clear that you were wrong to do that.

Show her the app, let her see that you haven't contacted anybody, then put threesomes completely out the picture and tackle her trust issues.

Well I enjoy having threesomes also and personally if I had a partner, I would be looking at the app with them together. Like, even if I found the person first, then I would show my partner and ask them what they think of the person and so on. But preferably we would sit down together and browse and contact people. And on the app profile I would clearly say we are a male and female couple. That way it wouldn't look like the girls are contacting you only, thinking you are just a single guy. I think this is about trust and being very open and sharing with each other what you are doing. I think because you went and did your own thing and you didn't tell her you got your own app, that's why she was suspicious. I think if you'd told her and showed her who you were looking at and asked for her input, she may have felt better about it.

I think this is a clear case of your girlfriend not being into threesomes as she told you she was okay with. She more than likely said that to please you, but in reality she wasn't okay with it. Now that you've pushed the issue and went off on your own and did this...you broke trust. And why would you do a thing like that to spite her? Don't you want to make her feel safe and loved? This other woman (whoever she was) from this app...was not worth losing your girlfriend over, but you've done a good job on doing just that.

If anything, take what happened as a sign that the two of you are NOT the type of couple who can handle threesomes. It may sound like 'fun', but it's not something to be taken lightly as it takes a certain psychological makeup for both partners to be able to handle it and not many people can do it without repercussions.

Archived